You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-19 18:56:12

lilsirecho
Veteran

/root/dev/snd and /root/dev/sound missing files(fixed)

I am having difficulty in using USB sound device in kernel2.6.9.

The mixer in KDE does not display a USB mixer...unless I first start boot-up of kernel2.4.28 which aborts with an error about half-way through the process.

After re-boot, the KDE usb mixer appears in kernel2.6.9 boot-up.

This enables an external USB device to respond to XMMS audio files after configuring the XMMS device.

Examining the /dev/snd and /dev/sound files in root reveals that 9 files are present in /dev/snd when the USB device is operable.  Also, when the USB device is operable, /dev/sound has 6 files.

If I shut down the computer and reboot to kernel 2.6.9, the KDE mixer for USB disappears.  The files in /dev/snd total 7(2 not present) and the /dev/sound files are now at 5(lost one).

The files in these locations are plug-ins(symbols have a plug).

How do I load the missing files in kernel2.6.9 permanently, or, once they are in, make them permanent?
EDIT............................................................................................................................

Problem corrected by moving the /etc/rc.conf modules entry of snd-usb-audio to be the first snd module listed.  The system now lists the nine and 6 items respectively as well as installing the USB Audio mixer option in KDE.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer