lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 056a:00ba Wacom Co., Ltd

module load:

lsmod | grep wacom
wacom                  19804  0 
usbcore               134576  5 wacom,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd

udev rule:

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-wacom.rules 
KERNEL=="event*", SYSFS{idVendor}=="056a", NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK="input/wacom"

hal setup:

cat /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-tablet.fdi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
 <device>
   <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input">
     <match key="info.product" contains="Wacom">
       <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
     </match>
     <match key="info.product" contains="WALTOP">
     </match>
   </match>
   <match key="info.product" contains="HID 1b96:0001">
     <match key="info.parent" contains="if0">
     </match>
   </match>
  </device>

BUT in sad
ls /dev/input

ls /dev/input/
by-path  event0  event1  event2  event3  event4  event5  event6  event7  mice  mouse0  mouse1

...and tablet not working sad

Sorry for my English...

#2 2009-06-17 20:46:47

benalene

Re: Tablet Intuos4

I am having the same problem, wacom not showing up in /dev/input and tablet not working. I have tried changing .fdi files and the .rules file, but with no luck. There has to be something that we are not doing! Has anybody else gotten the Intuos 4 working in Arch?

#3 2009-06-18 19:18:05

benalene

Ok, so I got it to work for me. I have spent days trying to get this to work, and my husband got the tablet to work on his laptop in 20 minutes. Now, this doesn't make any sense, but it did work for me. I dont know if it will work for you, but I am going to put this up here in case someone else wants to try.

First, if you already have the dev file, remove it.

$ yaourt -Rns linuxwacom-dev

Then install the cvs version

$ yaourt -S linuxwacom-cvs

When I got the -cvs the first time, an error was thrown at me when it installed. So I reinstalled, and when it asked me if I wanted to [v]iew the files, I did, and it didn't throw an error at me. You may have to load the module. I forget if I did this or not.

# modprobe wacom

I put the stylus to the tablet, and the cursor moved! But then X promptly crashed. Then for some reason, my husband decided to remove the cvs version and install the dev version.

$ yaourt -Rns linuxwacom-cvs
$ yaourt -S linuxwacom-dev

Yes, delete the cvs version and redownload the dev version. You may need to load the kernel module again, I forget if I had to or not. It should just work now, no crashing. Hotplugging also works. I am assuming that there is something that the cvs version does that the dev version does not, but I have no idea what this is. If someone wants to take what I did and make a patch for the dev version, then please do.

At this point, the stylus was working properly, but it was not recognizing the eraser. I added the lines from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WacomTroubleshooting to my xorg, and everything is working perfectly now. I hope this helps somebody else!

#4 2009-06-27 19:17:23

benalene

Since doing an upgrade three days ago, sometimes when I plug my tablet in, it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Not really sure what it is that will make it work sometimes but not all the time. Trying to figure this thing out.

Last edited by benalene (2009-06-27 19:36:09)

#5 2009-06-27 19:35:19

benalene

Sorry for all the posts.

Ok, this seems to have fixed it for me. If you upgrade to the new 2.6.30 kernel, then wacom.ko needs to go in /lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko instead of /lib/modules/2.6.29-ARCH/kernel/drivers/usb/input/wacom.ko.

# mv /lib/modules/2.6.29-ARCH/kernel/drivers/usb/input/wacom.ko /lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko

*needs to learn AUR

Board footer