You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-29 06:39:57

ptchinster

Compile rtorrent as a static binary

I'd like to run rtorrent as a static binary and im having an issue.

I figured out i needed the '.a' file from libtorrent - so i got that from ABS, changed one of the lines in build to

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-debug --enable-static --disable-shared || return 1

That gives me my happy .a file in /usr/lib

So i do a recompile of rtorrent, with its build() now being:

build() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"

patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/gcc43.patch" || return 1
  patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/gcc44.patch" || return 1

CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -fno-strict-aliasing" \
    ./configure LDFLAGS=-static --enable-static --disable-shared --prefix=/usr --disable-debug --with-xmlrpc-c || return 1
  make LDFLAGS="-static" || return 1
  make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
}

That added the libtorrent.a file into it, but when i try to run in on the other computer it says

./rtorrent: error while loading shared libraries: libsigc-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So, figuring im gonna need to be recompiling some more libs so that theres the .a files there, i go to the ABS, grab the PKGBUILD, change the ./configure line to include the same options i did with libtorrent, recompile and install. Then i go back to rtorrent, recompile... but its the same file. Didn't grow in size like it did when i remade the libtorrent library. And gives me the same error when i try to run it on the other computer. So - im missing something. Any ideas? Words of wisdom?

Board footer