You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-18 16:53:54

k-dub

Subversion doesn't include javahl

How do I install the javahl client adapter for Subversion?

#2 2004-12-21 19:25:35

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Subversion doesn't include javahl

What is javahl?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-12-21 19:43:30

k-dub

Subversion builds bindings for Perl, Python, and Java if the appropriate libraries and header files can be found. It appears that the Perl and Python bindings are included in the package, but the Java bindings are not. Some software packages depend on those bindings and do not supply them in their package, and the Subversion folks don't (AFAIK) supply Linux binaries for Arch. If the Java JDK is present when building Subversion, the bindings should be built automatically.

I know I can build it from source myself, but it would be nice for others to have the existing package just include the Java files as well.

Geez, you didn't know that? wink

#4 2004-12-21 20:14:58

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

What does the hl in javahl mean?

I maintain the package and I know that the java bindings aren't automatically built.  If you submit a nice bug report I can look into it soon.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-12-21 20:28:45

k-dub

I have no idea what "hl" stands for. I would guess "l" is for layer, but I don't know about "h".

Xentac wrote:

I maintain the package and I know that the java bindings aren't automatically built.

I guess you're right. I've used Gentoo for a few years and it must be detecting it for me. Sorry.

I will submit the bug report for it. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Board footer