You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-01 01:57:39

arew264
Website

e17-svn - w00t!

I've been switching around to try and find a desktop with a nice mix of features and performance on my laptop (512MB RAM and 2GHz proc), and I've recently gone from Gnome to Awesome to XFCE, and then today, when I decided I wanted a login screen for XFCE, I tried installing Entrance. Launching XFCE from Entrance didn't work, but I decided to try enlightenment, and OMG!! How did I not know about this before? It's so pretty...
The resource hit seems to be pretty low, but X is using a lot more memory than normal? That may have to do with the ATI mobile integrated graphics I've been struggling with.

Anyway, is stability a major issue? I've had it crash twice, but both times I was doing strange things ( remember that the second time, I accidentally added a desktop wallpaper to the menu twice, then it crashed, but I don't remember what happened the first time. It handles the crashes to the point that they're just an inconvenience, but are they a major problem?
Has a definite release date for e17 been set, or is it, "when we're finished?"

#2 2009-07-01 06:23:45

SpeedVin

Re: e17-svn - w00t!

Hello
You can find here more informations:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=74214

Shell Scripter | C/C++/Python/Java Coder | ZSH

#3 2009-07-01 08:16:47

Ronin-Sage
Website

Re: e17-svn - w00t!

I've been using E17 for about 1.5 years now, and recently(after a reinstall of Arch--don't ask) I've made it my only WM(used to switch around between several depending on the mood/situation).

Stability/software-maturity is only a concern in very specific instances. For instance, window placement still needs a bit of fine-tuning(a lot of the time windows will either spawn of resize where they go "behind" shelves).

Board footer