You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-21 17:14:05

Ranguvar

[Tut] Smooth KDE4 + FF3 (and other GTK apps) integration (Oxygen!)

This is a very simple tutorial, but this problem stumped me for a little (finding gtk-kde4-oxygen-theme), so I thought it might help others. Most normal KDE4 +GTK guides tell you to use  gtk-qt-engine by itself, which some stubborn apps (Firefox especially) don't play nice with. Most Firefox guides tell you to install QtCurve, which is nice, but not nearly as nice as Oxygen IMO, especially since even KDE apps will change to QtCurve.

I used KDEmod, but normal KDE should work too.

1.) Get the KFirefox theme here: http://ramonantonio.net/kde-firefox/ This will change the main look of Firefox. to integrate well.

2.) Get gtk-qt-engine, and install. This will let you set a KDE style for GTK apps. Unfortunately, "Use my KDE style in GTK applications" does not work in some stubborn apps, like Firefox, and you're normally forced to "Use another style" that's not as nice as your main KDE4.

3.) Get gtk-kde4-oxygen-theme from the AUR, and install. This is one of those "other styles", but it's very Oxygen-like.

4.) Go to the KDE System Settings, Appearance, and GTK Styles and Fonts. Select "Use another style", and then 'kde4-oxygen'.

Done! You may need to restart Firefox and/or KDE. Enjoy =]

#2 2008-09-21 19:07:25

LTSmash
Website

Re: [Tut] Smooth KDE4 + FF3 (and other GTK apps) integration (Oxygen!)

Used it, and FF chose not to use my color scheme. That's Lame tongue

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#3 2008-09-21 20:50:46

MillTek

I tried and it changed he size of the FFox 'personal toolbar' to half the screen in height.  I refer to the toolbar where you can drag'n'drop links and establish folders of links etc.  Any ideas???

#4 2008-09-22 00:19:49

Ranguvar

Do you mean the bookmark toolbar? I normally have it disabled, but I added it back and it's not big or anything. Did you try adding/removing it? Worst case, reinstalling Firefox?

#5 2008-09-22 04:12:10

MillTek

Yes, I did mean the bookmark toolbar. Anyway, I started with a new .mozilla directory and then copied my bookmarks in. So far it works great.

Thanks

#6 2009-07-01 21:32:27

brainsqueezer

MillTek wrote:

I tried and it changed he size of the FFox 'personal toolbar' to half the screen in height.  I refer to the toolbar where you can drag'n'drop links and establish folders of links etc.  Any ideas???

Hello I'm the creator of the theme. Could you provide more information and test latest version?

#7 2009-07-02 01:21:48

broch
Banned

I prefer original theme:
Strata Aero and Oxygen

He should at least mention the source of inspiration as his theme is nothing more that these two combined.

Last edited by broch (2009-07-02 01:25:41)

#8 2009-07-03 12:56:05

MillTek

brainsqueezer wrote:
MillTek wrote:

Hello I'm the creator of the theme. Could you provide more information and test latest version?

Sure.  I am using Minefield 3.0 and I just loaded your theme and it seems to work fine. Looks like you got whatever was causing the problem to work properly.

Board footer