You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-03 13:18:22

jon.wulf

Kubuntu convert, Guarddog woes oh noes

Hello and thanks for taking the time to view my post. I installed Arch last night and after some issues i managed to get KDE running smoothly. smile However i have hit a small snag and would like some advice/guadiance. On Kubuntu i used Guarddog as my firewall and decided to carry on with its use after no problems previously.

After configuring Guarrdog and starting it, i was prsented with a message about .conf files being needed and that it would be ignored in future versions. I ran Nmap on both my IP (private not the router) and Localhost.  Nmap stated all ports are closed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it means Guarddog is running and all the ports are closed except those i opened which are stealthed. I'm not really stressing out over this, but am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if it is a serious one or not.

Regards,

~Jon~

#2 2009-07-03 15:41:39

arkham
Website

Re: Kubuntu convert, Guarddog woes oh noes

The warning you have regards this -> http://www.archlinux.org/news/450/
You should run as root

mv /etc/modprobe.conf.pacsave /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf

and rename any file in /etc/modprobe.d/ so that they end in ".conf"

"I'm Winston Wolfe. I solve problems."

~ Need moar games? [arch-games] ~ [aurcheck] AUR haz updates? ~

#3 2009-07-03 17:31:00

jon.wulf

Re: Kubuntu convert, Guarddog woes oh noes

Thanks for the response. It worked a treat, i do however have the problem of a framebuffer_blacklist.pacsave being created during start up, but i'll ignore that for the time being.

~Jon~

Last edited by jon.wulf (2009-07-03 17:31:49)

Board footer