You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-04 23:57:41

xusword

Oracle dependencies

Hi

I am trying to install Oracle11g by following the instrcutions. I realized that the dependencies ksh, rpm, libaio do not exist on repostory. Is there a reason why arch does not support those packages?

P.S. I just realized that ksh package files downloaded from AUR did not pass the hash check and I couldn't install it. How do I fix that problem?

thanks

#2 2009-07-05 00:15:46

Arisna

Re: Oracle dependencies

Hmm... According to comments at the top of the ksh PKGBUILD, you have to fetch the sources manually from an AT&T website.  Is that how you got them?  The ksh package is orphaned right now--it has no maintainer--so there could be problems.

If you've agreed to the AT&T license, downloaded the files directly from AT&T, and the hashes still don't match, you could manually change the hashes in the PKGBUILD file or comment them out altogether.  In general, messing with the hashes isn't a good idea because it might open you up to malicious/corrupt files from a compromised/flaky server, etc.  I don't see much danger here because AT&T probably has very reliable servers, but proceed with caution.

If you get it working by replacing hashes in the PKGBUILD, please consider adopting the AUR package, if only for long enough to supply a PKGBUILD with correct hashes.

#3 2009-07-05 00:18:26

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: Oracle dependencies

Both ksh and libaio are available in the AUR. rpm is also included in the AUR, but I'm not sure how a package manager designed for rpm-based distributions (think RedHat and Fedora) would work on Arch. In regard to building ksh, the md5sum check fails because you need to manually download the source and place it in the same folder as the PKGBUILD (this is due to licensing issues; read the comments in the PKGBUILD).

I can't offer any further advice on installing Oracle on Arch. Last time I had to use Oracle for a university assignment, I installed it in a VirtualBox virtual machine running CentOS as the guest OS.

Board footer