You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-04 13:23:52

simion314

mount ISO as a virtual CD

HI, i need a way to mount a .iso image as a CD to play a game in wine. I tried the wine way to use the drives directory but i have no success. The only way i had this work in linux was in ubuntu with Gmount-iso, ut in Arch with the gmount-iso from AUR i get an error(command not found, i had loaded the loop module so no idea why is not working. Is there a simple way to use mount and somehow link the folder with /dev or something to appear to be a real CD?

#2 2009-07-04 13:29:12

kjon

Re: mount ISO as a virtual CD

mount /your/path/your\ iso.iso /where/to/mount -o loop
cdemu load 0 /your/path/your\ iso.iso

The last one requires to install cdemu-client on your system.

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#3 2009-07-04 13:42:42

Ghost1227
Forum Fellow
Website

or use the isoman script i wrote... it's in aur

.:[My Blog] || [My GitHub]:.

#4 2009-07-04 13:54:58

simion314

I get this error with cdemu

bash-4.0# cdemu load 0 /media/HUGE/BIG/games/EF2ISOs/Stef2_disk2.iso
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.47:/CDEMUD_Daemon: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.51" (uid=0 pid=752 comm="python /usr/bin/cdemu load 0 /media/HUGE/BIG/games") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member="Introspect" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.47" (uid=0 pid=690 comm="cdemud -d -n 1 -c /dev/vhba_ctl -a null "))
ERROR: Failed to load image: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "DeviceLoad" with signature "ias" on interface "net.sf.cdemu.CDEMUD_Daemon" doesn't exist

Thx for dast answer, if cdemu s the answer i will research it more.

#5 2009-07-04 14:03:20

simion314

Ghost1227 wrote:

or use the isoman script i wrote... it's in aur

for isoman i had to create the /media/cdrom folder
and if i try to mount the file in /dev/cd or /dev/cdrom it always mounts my file in /media/cdrom.
I need that this file to be mounted as a virtual cd, to appear as a removable media. Nice ths isoman , if it cheks for loop module then it can be useful no need to load it first
Thx

#6 2009-07-04 22:16:17

kjon

simion314 wrote:

I get this error with cdemu

bash-4.0# cdemu load 0 /media/HUGE/BIG/games/EF2ISOs/Stef2_disk2.iso
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.47:/CDEMUD_Daemon: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.51" (uid=0 pid=752 comm="python /usr/bin/cdemu load 0 /media/HUGE/BIG/games") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member="Introspect" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.47" (uid=0 pid=690 comm="cdemud -d -n 1 -c /dev/vhba_ctl -a null "))
ERROR: Failed to load image: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "DeviceLoad" with signature "ias" on interface "net.sf.cdemu.CDEMUD_Daemon" doesn't exist

Thx for dast answer, if cdemu s the answer i will research it more.

I've never seen this error before man. Just to be sure. Did you load the dbus daemon and cdemud afterwards?

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#7 2009-07-04 22:55:58

extcake

cdemu gives me the same error.
Trying to mount iso of WoW Wotlk, weird thing is that mounting iso normal way (mount -o loop ...) don't work becouse i don't see all files (iso is good, on windows it works normal)

#8 2009-07-05 00:20:33

TheSaint

There's also Mount-iso, but doesn't work anymore because made for KDE3 and sh script.
If someone like to spend some time on it, will do a good  think, indeed.

F

do it good first, it will be faster than do it twice the saint wink

#9 2009-07-05 07:47:42

Rasi
Website

acetoneiso2 is a great mount tool, that supports a hella lot of image types. to use it install it, load the fuse module and run. Its a gui tool, so it should be straight forward.

For normal iso files i always use mount -o loop

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer