You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-01 00:10:49

whoops

left/down arrow key - no repetition

Hi!

I've got no key repetition for my left/down arrow key. aaaaaaalll other keys including the right/up arrow key work.

I can only find bug reports concerning left/down keys to have a different repetition rate than the others... those here are from last year, so maybe this is the "fix" (HA!).
http://www.mail-archive.com/desktop-bug … 33368.html

those two commands:
# xset r 113
# xset r 116

As mentioned at https://bugs.launchpad.net/xorg-server/+bug/278078 fix it temporarily... and I'm tired, because I accidentally read half the internet instead of going to sleep hoping to find the answer here tomorrow.

Now I'm sort of stuck with my post, as I was trying to ask for a workaround when I began writing and found one before I was finished. Posting this anyway - maybe someone has the same problem and/or knows a better solution.

I thing now it's repeating but to slow, trying again tomorrow. And stuff. "[partly solved]" most likely...

#2 2009-07-05 17:32:25

whoops

Re: left/down arrow key - no repetition

Still the same problem. Am I really the only one with this, or did I miss something?

#3 2009-07-05 17:36:23

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Have you tried using a different keyboard to make sure that it's not a hardware issue? I don't even know if that's plausible, but I would check it all the same.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#4 2009-07-05 17:51:13

whoops

Just tried: Can use the two keyboards at once, both the same problem.

One is a logitech (usb receiver), the other one a 10$ standard ps/2, can type with both at the same time whichput restarting the computer or changing anything which is sort of neat, but that doesn't get the problem away.

The two commands (first post) still offer a temporary solution (works for both keyboards).

Board footer