You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-05 23:26:47

arsenist

Crackling sound with Alsa after update.

Hi all !

After my last upgrade I noticed a crackle in the sound but only on the left channel when I plug in my headphones. I don't know if this crackle is present with the laptop's speakers since they are very crappy (Macbook white falling-apart-body 1st gen); at least I can't head it.

The funny thing, is that if I have the headphones plugged during booting, there is no crackle once the system is running ! My system is fully up-to-date, here is the kernel version and alsaversion:
kernel26 2.6.30-5
alsa-lib 1.0.20-1

I have to add, I just brought this pair of headphones and they are very good, maybe the problem has been here for ages but I've never noticed it !

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for reading !

#2 2009-07-08 23:57:47

nmodlin

Re: Crackling sound with Alsa after update.

I would suggest trying another pair of headphones just to see if it does the same thing.  I am not saying buy a new pair but use someones elses or such.  that at least should start narrowing down the problem

And God created the Open Source Programming Community, and it was good. Satan retaliated with its evil twin, Windows and thus the battle for good and evil has begun.

#3 2009-07-09 00:56:13

arsenist

Hi, thanks for replying smile
I've tried with another pair of headphones already, same issue.

#4 2009-07-09 01:12:28

nmodlin

OK maybe get yourself a livecd and then run it and check the sound that might tell you if it is a hardware issue or a software issue

And God created the Open Source Programming Community, and it was good. Satan retaliated with its evil twin, Windows and thus the battle for good and evil has begun.

Board footer