You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-08 23:20:21

victor.vs
Website

[SOLVED] Epson Stylus T23 doesn't print anything

Hi, I've been using Archlinux for two years and I'm proud and happy of it. This is the first time I write something in a forum also. I hope someone could help me to solve my problem.
I recently received an EPSON STYLUS T23 printer, and I cant make it work under Arch... CUPS recognizes it (I think) when I configure the printer in http://127.0.0.1:631... the name of the printer appears on the list of connections (EPSON Stylus T23 USB#1 (EPSON Stylus T23)). The problem, I think, lies on the driver I select for the printer... I've read in http://www.openprinting.org/show_printe … Stylus_T23 that the recommended driver is pips-st20, But in AUR appears an old version of pips (current-version=3.1.0, aur-version=1.0.1), the old one doesn't compile... and the new one... I don't know how can I compile it for Arch.

Can anyone help me to make it work under arch?... Instructions on how to compile it... If someone makes it work (or similar printers)...

PD1: I apologize if my english is wrong... my natural language is spanish
PD2: The printer does work under Debian's based distros, under Fedora and Mandriva... I don't want to change the best distro because of a printer u.u

Last edited by victor.vs (2009-07-09 03:50:40)

#2 2009-07-09 02:53:07

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Epson Stylus T23 doesn't print anything

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried using the drivers from Gutenprint yet? They have the T20 listed on their website and it looks as if that's the recommended driver from you post. The Gutenprint drivers are far superior to anything else for Epson printers.

#3 2009-07-09 03:50:02

victor.vs
Website

skottish wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried using the drivers from Gutenprint yet? They have the T20 listed on their website and it looks as if that's the recommended driver from you post. The Gutenprint drivers are far superior to anything else for Epson printers.

Thanks a lot!... it was solved by just installing gutenprint. I've already printed the test page big_smile

#4 2009-07-09 04:03:52

skottish
Forum Fellow

You're welcome. Come around and visit more often.

Board footer