You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-09 05:45:41

Intrepid

How to make Per-application Equalizer?

I'm trying to use the global systemwide equalizer in the Archwiki section for ALSA, EXCEPT I want it to work without outputting the entire default output to the equalizer.  Basically, I'm trying to make a "device" for e.g. music player applications to access so that only THEY play with nice, equalized sound.

However, when I did that and simply took away the pcm.!default section from asoundrc, I did not get any sound from my equalizer plugin.  It simply said "error: cannot write to device" or something of the sort.  Any idea on a working config I can make?  Thank you.

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

#2 2009-07-09 08:47:11

Themaister
Website

Re: How to make Per-application Equalizer?

Hmm, if you're willing to give up sound mixing (I think you'd have to at least), you could make several different pcm-devices, each of them pointing to different LADSPA setups, and each of them routes to the same plughw. However, your apps must be able to select different alsa devices. If you can get LADSPA working at all, this should be a breeze. I'm not sure if you can route LADSPA into dmix and get mixing + ladspa, I've never gotten dmix to work properly with my Mia MIDI sound card. ;<

#3 2009-07-11 19:45:07

Intrepid

Re: How to make Per-application Equalizer?

Hmm well I need dmix because there's no hardware mixing here.  Thus am I screwed?  I tried dmix as output, etc.  And using plughw tends to keep dmix from working.

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

Board footer