You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-12 19:46:51

chesterfork

[SOLVED]yaourt wants to build dependencies from AUR

Hi,
I've installed kdemod4... the only problem is that yaourt wants ti install all the dependences of the package(s) i've choose from aur, altough dependencies are present in extra (correct version). How can i solve this??

An example is:

cairo-lcd: i have to build all the dependencies from aur, like libpng,etc; but i see from PKGBUILD that the version that needs cairo-lcd is present in extra repository...
thanks in advance

Last edited by chesterfork (2009-07-13 10:07:26)

#2 2009-07-12 20:28:20

firecat53
Website

Re: [SOLVED]yaourt wants to build dependencies from AUR

It's not actually pulling in dependencies from the AUR -- it will if it needs to, but I looked at cairo-lcd and all the dependencies are not from aur. It's just getting what it needs from the normal repos.  Your output probably looks something like: (without the (installed))

==> cairo-lcd dependencies:
 - libpng (already installed)
 - libxrender (already installed)
 - fontconfig (already installed)
 - pixman (already installed)
 - xcb-util (already installed)
 - pkgconfig (already installed)

If it's doing something different, you'll have to show some output so we can troubleshoot.

Scott

#3 2009-07-12 21:27:06

chesterfork

that's my output:

- libpng (building from AUR)
 - libxrender (building from AUR)
 - fontconfig (building from AUR)
 - pixman (building from AUR)
 - xcb-util (building from AUR)
 - pkgconfig (building from AUR)

It does the same with bin32-skype, i need to build all the lib32-* from aur, but they're in extra or community.
I reinstalled again yaourt but i have the same situation....how i can solve?

I know i can install before the dependencies from pacman and at the end using yaourt to install the application; but it's not the way yaourt is meant to use...So, previously i had "your" and correct output, but know i have this and i don'tt know hot to solve...

#4 2009-07-12 21:35:36

firecat53
Website

So, you're on arch64 and trying to build lib32-cairo-lcd? Because all of the lib32 packages are either in community or aur. If you are not on x86_64, bin32-skype or bin32-anything is not what you want. The bin32 packages are just for 64 bit users running 32 bit packages. Won't work for you!

Scott

#5 2009-07-12 21:42:35

chesterfork

..i'm running kdemod 4 x86_64...so if i try install everything using yaourt the dependencies are shown in this way:

==> lib32-cairo-lcd dependencies:
 - lib32-gcc-libs (building from AUR)
 - lib32-libpng (building from AUR)
 - lib32-libxrender (building from AUR)
 - lib32-fontconfig (building from AUR)
 - lib32-pixman (building from AUR)
 - lib32-xcb-util (building from AUR)

if it could help i found this:

chesterfork ~ $  yaourt -S lib32-cairo                                              
lib32-cairo not found on AUR                                                    
Packages that were installed as dependencies but are no longer required by any installed package:
error:

what about the error? it's a blank line.... i checked yaourtrc in /etc but it seems ok..

It's happen even if i have these packages installed (and checking in pkg build they have are the same version). EVERYTIME yaourt shows that; cairo, cairo-lcd, bin32-skype-lib32-cairo-lcd....eveything i tried it needs dependencies from aur ONLY. That's the problem....there is a solution??

#6 2009-07-12 23:59:15

firecat53
Website

Are repositories set up correctly in pacman.d/mirrorlist and pacman.conf?

When yaourt says 'building from AUR' it means it's not in extra or community, but it hasn't gone to look for it yet in AUR. I checked online both AUR and regular repos and none of the packages you're looking for exist in either place. Perhaps there's an error in the lib32-cairo-lcd package? Perhaps some of the lib32 packages aren't on AUR anymore for some reason? Or perhaps they exist in the kdemod repo or in a different place?

Sometimes you'll have to go track down a dependency that has been removed from the repos. Yaourt -Ss or going to the arch site and searching should quickly sort out which packages are missing.

Good luck!
Scott

#7 2009-07-13 00:45:13

chesterfork

Solved, i turned permission on pacman.conf 644....that means that user can read the file, because of is the user that execute yaourt...

chmod 644 /etc/pacman.conf

i installed archlinux so many times, but i rally don't understand why pacman.conf wasn't readable....someone could guess why??

anyway, really thanks fr your help.. smile

#8 2009-07-13 02:15:19

dmartins

Please add [SOLVED] to your topic by editing your original post if things are working now.

I really can't guess why /etc/pacman.conf wasn't readable by everyone. Mine is on 3 different machines.

Board footer