You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-18 17:53:31

firecat53
Website

Amarok1 - can't seem to enable mp4/aac tagging support

I have libmp4v2 and taglib-extras installed, but compiling with the default --with-mp4v2 and even trying to set the --with-mp4v2-dir=/usr/lib or /usr/include, amarok1 (from AUR) will not compile with mp4/aac editing support. Is there another package that I need?

Thanks!
Scott

#2 2009-07-18 19:20:52

djszapi
Website

Re: Amarok1 - can't seem to enable mp4/aac tagging support

Hello Firecat53!

./configure --help

Can it work if you build manually without PKGBUILD ?

#3 2009-07-18 20:32:12

firecat53
Website

Re: Amarok1 - can't seem to enable mp4/aac tagging support

I did the ./configure --help -- that's where I also found the --with-mp4v2-dir setting. Would building it manually without the PKGBUILD change anything? I can scroll up during the compile and see all the options it's building with ... they're the same options I would set if it's being built manually. The only thing I can see is that it doesn't find mp4.h (I think that's file...on a different computer at the moment). mp4.h exists on my system, and I tried setting the path to it with the --with-mp4v2-dir. Not sure if that's even why it's not working, but I can't see anything else during the ./configure that looks like it's missing! I'll pastebin the output of ./configure when I get back to my other computer.

Thanks!
Scott

edit: forgot to add, I'm on x86_64 if that makes a difference.

This is the output of ./configure with the default --with-mp4v2 setting in the PKGBUILD. I'm browsing through the configure file, but I can't pick out exactly what's going on. I'm not quite where I can troubleshoot code like that!!

checking systems.h usability... no
checking systems.h presence... no
checking for systems.h... no
checking for mp4.h... no
checking for MP4Read in -lmp4v2... yes

Hope this helps. This is on two machines now. Anyone else using amarok1 care to test their mp4/aac tag writing ability?

Last edited by firecat53 (2009-07-18 20:50:43)

Board footer