You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-18 21:16:10

alexsuraci

Weird multi-display problems

My graphics card is a GTX 285, and I have two 20" displays hooked up to it. The left one is plugged into DVI-1 and the right one is plugged into DVI 2. Here's a list of the odd problems I'm having:

1. The DVI 1 display is listed as DFP-1, while DVI 2 is listed as DFP-0 in nvidia-settings. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that but it seems very counterintuitive.
2. In XFCE, opening the panel settings and selecting the monitor gives the *opposite* of my configuration. When "1" is selected, the rightmost display (DVI-2, DFP-0) gets the panel, and for 2 it goes on the left one (DVI-1, DFP-1). Setting it to span both monitors works fine, however.
3. When trying to play an online Java game called Minecraft, as soon as I enter it my mouse tries to go to the display to the right of the one with the game running in it. For example, running the game in the leftmost display makes my mouse jump to the right display and keeps it in the center (as if it were in the game). Thus I cannot play the game as it infinitely spins me to the right. When running it on the rightmost display it hits the border but still gets stuck there.

Any help figuring this one out would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Hardware:
GTX 285
2x Dell E207WFP

Relevant Software:
xfce4 with Compiz Fusion
NVidia video drivers

Note: I never had a problem running Minecraft on my previous Arch install which was running xmonad, but I remember having similar confusing problems.

Last edited by alexsuraci (2009-07-18 21:17:10)

Board footer