You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-15 06:13:19

Sakurina
Website

32-bit Intel CPU + Wine + Intel GMA945

So this weekend I decided to try installing Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom on my laptop. I already had Wine installed to run a PC98 emulator, so I assumed it would work fine.

I get a waterfall of errors whenever I try to run wine th07.exe claiming that the setting the pixel format failed, "call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateSwapChain failed" and that it can't create the front buffer. Who would have thought a search for "failed to create the front buffer" would only return Wine source code? hmm

I tried downgrading to xf86-video-intel-legacy to see if that would actually change anything, and it did. I got the game to run, but at about 1-2fps and with horrible texture issues. I got an error saying it couldn't use GEM so it downgraded to default; looking that up hints that my (stock Arch) kernel would have PAE enabled and that would be causing it.
edit: Forgot to mention, I have since gone back to the latest xf86-video-intel, and I do appear to have GEM working when grepping glxinfo for it.

I've searched the board for issues similar to this and all I've found are problems related to Wine on 64-bit systems, and people are recommended to install nvidia-utils. That won't install (as intel-dri requires libgl, and nvidia-utils conflicts with libgl), and besides, I somehow nvidia would magically make Intel cards work right with Wine.

Does anyone have an idea what might be up? I've spent literally all night trying stuff and nothing worked. tongue

If anyone needs me to post config files or output from a command, let me know which ones.

Last edited by Sakurina (2009-07-15 06:28:15)

#2 2009-07-18 17:20:28

djszapi
Website

Re: 32-bit Intel CPU + Wine + Intel GMA945

If anyone needs me to post config files or output from a command, let me know which ones.

xorg.log, xorg.conf, system log at first.

#3 2009-07-20 00:34:23

Sakurina
Website

All three posted here: http://pastie.org/551607

The syslog keeps repeating until I quit out of wine, but I let it run long enough for you to get a sense of what's happening.

#4 2009-07-20 16:28:30

1LordAnubis
Website

Hmm, I used to play this same game in wine, and it worked perfectly. (this was a year ago before all the xorg/intel upgrading) I just tried executing th07.exe in wine, and now it no longer works... I tried it in an old wine prefix to a wine  version I know used to play it, and it still fails... no idea what the problem is...

So yeah... i guess if you want it to work you need some different xorg/intel driver combination...

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-Benjamin Franklin
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

#5 2009-07-21 05:40:02

Sakurina
Website

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I managed to get PCB to run fine via the gOS Live USB, so I know on what Xorg + driver + Wine combo it'll run. Now I just need to fix myself a pkgbuild for xorg-server 1.4.1. >_<

Board footer