You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-22 11:38:46

hcjl

Apple wireless keyboard at startup

Hi all,

for the media center in my living room with MythTV i want to use the Apple wireless keyboard.

I followed the wiki http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Keyboard except for the hcid.conf part in the beginning, because I think it is obsolete with bluez 4.39-1, which I have installed.

I did the pairing with bluez-gnome and it worked, but only until I reboot. After reboot I have to to the pairing in gnome again so that it works.

Does anyone have an idea, how I can get this thing really automatically started at boot?

Thx & Rgds
hcjl

#2 2009-07-22 19:26:22

djszapi
Website

Re: Apple wireless keyboard at startup

I don't know what you do, but with commands in /etc/rc.local ?

#3 2009-07-23 07:29:07

hcjl

Nope... and the question would be, what I should put into that file.

I followed the wiki for setting up my bluetooth mouse on another machine and it works like a charm. The difference is that it does not need any pairing. I just had to connect it once with bluez-gnome.

Any other ideas?
Thx & Rgds
hcjl

#4 2009-07-23 09:28:35

mikesd
Website

I used to use one of these keyboards so I know it is possible. I don't use gnome so just followed the wiki and things more or less worked. Can't recall exactly how I had it configured.

Two problems I had were that the keyboard would occasionally become unresponsive and a restart of the blue-tooth subsystem was required to fix it. For this reason I needed to keep a USB keyboard hand which was awkward. It also chewed through batteries. I eventually changed to the wired apple keyboard on my desktop.

Board footer