You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-22 13:27:29

tim

resume from suspend requires bogus swap partition in suspend.conf

OK. This is all a bit weird but hopefully I can explain everything.

Suspend and resume actually work BUT ... I have to make /etc/suspend.conf resume device = 'something other than my swap partition'
This causes the boot process to halt with an error message saying ... "cannot stat resume device .." because the uresume hook has been added and the resume device is bogus (obviously!)
I can just press enter and the boot process continues but it's a bit annoying to have to do this every time I want to boot and of course this shouldn't be necessary.

If I make /etc/suspend.conf resume device = /dev/sda5 which is a swap partition that I only just created as per all the instructions on wiki pages (despite not understanding why suspend needs it) then suspend still works but resume doesn't. The disk spins up, the lights go on as does wireless etc but the screen has black and white stripes and the system is absolutely unresponsive. I have to hard reboot.

I have gone through all the wiki pages on suspend, suspend to ram etc etc.

I'm using uswsusp.

Prior to the latest few weeks of package updates, suspend and resume worked without me ever doing a single thing. No editing of files, not uresume hooks, resume=/dev/sda5 in grub nothing. I never even knew /etc/pm/config.d/config existed because I literally did NOTHING. It just worked.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Last edited by tim (2009-07-23 13:46:54)

#2 2009-07-23 22:59:43

djszapi
Website

Re: resume from suspend requires bogus swap partition in suspend.conf

Where is you backup in sucha a case?  smile

Board footer