You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-15 08:49:16

Devastator

fbsplash daemon icons

Hi,
I've just installed fbsplash with the fbsplash-themes-arch-banner theme. Works fine, looks good, but while loading daemons I could see icons of only two of them. Yes, I have tango icon theme installed (the default for fbsplash AFAIK), but it seems that there are no icons for daemons like hal, fam and so on.

The question is: how does fbsplash try to find the correct icon for given daemon (fam = fam.png?), and what size of the icon it looks for?

If I know this, few symbolic links should help smile

Some applications are WYSIWYG, and some are WYSIWTF.

#2 2009-07-15 11:48:28

harriseldon

Re: fbsplash daemon icons

According to PKBUILD the icon listings are stored in icons.conf located at etc/splash/arch-banner-icons/icons.conf
The format in the file is:

icon_fam="path/icon.png" where path and icon name are per the path of the theme as defined in the header section by ICON_THEME=.

For Tango, this is /usr/share/icons/Tango/32x32 since the daemon icons are 32x32.

#3 2009-07-15 14:36:41

Devastator

Great! Thanks!
I'll try this as soon as I get back from work smile

#4 2009-07-15 19:14:41

Devastator

Ok, I cannot get this to work. I also tried to place the required daemons in /etc/splash/arch-banner-icons/scripts/cache-icons, but it didn't help. I also tried different names for daemons (like fam, famd etc.).
The interesting thing is that I have these icons cached in /lib/splash/cache/arch-banner-icons, so this is definitely not an icon loading problem.

Anyone has any idea how to configure it properly?

#5 2009-07-26 20:53:30

Devastator

Finally I have forced it to work. The whole thing seems to be less automated than I suspected (or I am doing it not properly wink).
The key issue was direct editing the /etc/splash/arch-banner-icons/800x600.cfg file, where I set the daemons icons explicitely (of course, they must have been added in /etc/splash/arch-banner-icons/icons.conf and /etc/splash/arch-banner-icons/scripts/cache-links too).

Now I am happy, and I can go sleep tongue

Board footer