You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-19 15:23:36

Purch

Mumble & murmur conflict with glibc

I have tried to build murmur, but it crashes always. I have built this version before as it is my own package, but it seems that new glibc has other things in mind (/usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h). Some hacking to headers is needed? However, it is out of my knowledge. Can some one help?

$ makepkg -ef
==> Making package: murmur-ice 1.1.8-2 i686 (ma 18.5.2009 22.47.36 +0300)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> WARNING: Skipping source retrieval        -- using existing src/ tree
==> WARNING: Skipping source integrity checks -- using existing src/ tree
==> WARNING: Skipping source extraction       -- using existing src/ tree
==> Removing existing pkg/ directory...
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
cd src/murmur/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/moi/build/murmur-ice/murmur-ice/src/mumble-1.1.8/src/murmur'
make -f Makefile.Release
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/moi/build/murmur-ice/murmur-ice/src/mumble-1.1.8/src/murmur'
g++ -pipe -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -Wold-style-cast -Wconversion -Wsign-compare -fvisibility=hidden -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DRESTRICT=__restrict__ -DMUMBLE_VERSION_STRING=1.1.8 -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_ICE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtSql -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/QtDBus -I../../src -Irelease -I. -x c++-header -c murmur_pch.h -o release/murmurd.gch/c++
In file included from /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28,
                 from /usr/include/signal.h:333,
                 from murmur_pch.h:62:
/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:28: error: '__u64' does not name a type
/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:191: error: '__u64' does not name a type
/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:192: error: '__u64' does not name a type
/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:193: error: '__u64' does not name a type
make[2]: *** [release/murmurd.gch/c++] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/moi/build/murmur-ice/murmur-ice/src/mumble-1.1.8/src/murmur'
make[1]: *** [release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/moi/build/murmur-ice/murmur-ice/src/mumble-1.1.8/src/murmur'
make: *** [sub-src-murmur-make_default-ordered] Error 2

#2 2009-07-29 19:08:45

mordervomubel

Re: Mumble & murmur conflict with glibc

Hi. I just had the same problem. There's a file here with the definitions you need. I think you can either copy+paste the definitions into the /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h , or you can possibly take out the #ifndef that may be preventing it from working. I chose the former, and it compiled fine.

This is the file:
/usr/include/asm-generic/int-ll64.h

Hopefully somebody resolves this issue who knows about kernel headers, glibc, and posix. I don't think it's a problem with murmur.

#3 2009-07-30 18:45:49

djszapi
Website

Re: Mumble & murmur conflict with glibc

Hello!

In API issues, the best thing if you take a report to the related people to fix it.
It's maybe easier if you've got a patch to the author.

Board footer