You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-31 02:10:05

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Anyone use Eclipse CDT? Want help organizing many small libraries

Hi, I'm using Eclipse CDT for C++ development. I've been compiling a single executable for quite a while now for my entire project, but which to implement a very modular plug-in structure. I've asked here previously and been directed towards dynamically loadable libraries using dlopen and related functions, and wish to try it out.

The thing is, my knowledge on the Eclipse CDT organizational structure seems to indicate that I need a separate project for each of my plug-ins, which would get very tiring to maintain very quickly (I already have a dozen, and plan to add many more in the course of this project). Is there any way of maintaining a single project such that its 'build' command would generate all the .so files I need? Preferably I wouldn't need to write my own Makefile (i love the autogen), but if that's the only way I would consider it.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-07-31 08:05:12

VirtualRider

Re: Anyone use Eclipse CDT? Want help organizing many small libraries

I didnt write a dll yet but as a workaround: What about an own workspace for your project? Yes, every Plugin would be a single Project but you could simply call "build all" to create them.

Well just an idea - i'm sure there is a more elegant solution for this.

#3 2009-07-31 08:29:22

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Anyone use Eclipse CDT? Want help organizing many small libraries

I already have my own workspace devoted to the project, but the workspace is about settings and stuff. Multiple projects don't share settings such as include directories and build variables, so I'd have to manually set that for every project within the workspace.

My problem isn't really about 'build all' as such, more the sharing of settings so I don't have to create 20 projects and hand-input all the settings and keep track of that everytime I need a new plugin.

Thanks for trying to help, though, its much appreciated.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer