You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-03 16:24:35

lseubert

History of Arch Linux wikipage newly created

History of Arch Linux could use some contributions from Arch veterans, who are more knowledgeable about these matters than I am. I posted a few short paragraphs to get things started, and will work on it from time to time as I am able.

Meanwhile, if you are an Arch vet, please consider contributing a bit of your knowledge to the history of Arch.

Thanks all,
Luke Seubert

"To the question whether I am a pessimist or an optimist, I answer that my knowledge is pessimistic, but my willing and hoping are optimistic."
    -- Albert Schweitzer

#2 2009-08-03 16:32:51

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: History of Arch Linux wikipage newly created

I'm swamped right now or I'd do some additions. I suggest reviewing some of my earliest newsletter contributions; I wrote quite a few historical articles. I used to call myself a Arch historian... now I'm just a lazy ass.

Dusty

#3 2009-08-03 16:57:51

lseubert

I'll take a look at those Dusty, and write up some material. Could you suggest the best years of newletters for historical material?

Also, I don't want to organize the page around years. I think ordering it around, say, epoch milestones, would make more sense. Any suggestions along those lines - meaningful demarcation points in the historical development of Arch?

"To the question whether I am a pessimist or an optimist, I answer that my knowledge is pessimistic, but my willing and hoping are optimistic."
    -- Albert Schweitzer

#4 2009-08-03 17:30:11

peart

I personally think it would be cool if someone who knows the elusive village bard, could convince him to contribute a short story to the page.  Something that could be both historical and quite amusing at the same time...

#5 2009-08-03 17:37:30

rson451
Website

peart wrote:

I personally think it would be cool if someone who knows the elusive village bard, could convince him to contribute a short story to the page.  Something that could be both historical and quite amusing at the same time...

And full of \\//_'s

archlinux - please read this and this — twice — then ask questions.
--
http://rsontech.net | http://github.com/rson

Board footer