You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-05 03:03:57

cyberpatrol

How to get rid of module snd_hda_codec_atihdmi?

I've got the audio card M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 and the graphics card ATI Radeon HD 3450. So I've got only one audio card, which was always sound card 0 and the default sound card and which shall remain sound card 0 and the default sound card. The graphics card doesn't have an HDMI interface.

Nevertheless I don't have sound anymore (without reconfiguring every audio software), because the module snd-hda-codec-atihdmi.ko is permanently, automatically loaded at boot time and put as sound card 0 and therefore the default sound card.

Putting !snd-hda-codec-atihdmi in the MODULES array of /etc/rc.conf doesn't help. And `rmmod snd-hda-codec-atihdmi` doesn't help either. Then it says, that this module is in use.

Is there a way, how to get rid of this - at least for me - annoying and senseless module?

#2 2009-08-05 11:10:22

Deepz0ne

Re: How to get rid of module snd_hda_codec_atihdmi?

Just place module for your audiocard before others, it became a card #0.

#3 2009-08-05 13:20:06

cyberpatrol

I'll try it later. But it must be possible somehow to not having loaded snd-hda-codec-atihdmi, because I don't have that hardware and don't need this module.

#4 2009-08-05 14:09:07

cyberpatrol

Deepz0ne wrote:

Just place module for your audiocard before others, it became a card #0.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Sometimes my audio card is card #0 and sometimes it's card #1.
So still my question: How to avoid loading of snd-hda-codec-atihdmi?

#5 2009-08-05 14:20:59

bgc1954

One way to do this would be to compile your own kernel and only include support for your M-Audio sound card.  That way the kernel can't drag in support for the atihdmi thingy.  May be your only option if blacklisting and setting the order of your modules doesn't work.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#6 2009-08-05 14:26:24

cyberpatrol

bgc1954 wrote:

One way to do this would be to compile your own kernel and only include support for your M-Audio sound card.  That way the kernel can't drag in support for the atihdmi thingy.  May be your only option if blacklisting and setting the order of your modules doesn't work.

I know this way, but I still hope, that there's another way. wink

Board footer