You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-05 17:55:25

oorollergirloo

shaman - cannot re-install, unresolvable dependencies after upgrade

after the most recent pacman upgrade, i cannot re-install shaman. error message: unresolvable dependencies pacman <3.3.  does shaman need to be updated before it can be installed now? any workarounds? or recommendations for a pacman front-end? (i use pacman & yaourt from bash and shaman both, but having a gui to work from is sometimes more convienent for somethings). i have arch on two other machines that upgraded with the same result.

thank you in advance for any help,

rg

Update: it's a problem on Chakra, too http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=1187

in the meantime i've been trying to compile shaman versions from aur, git etc., but getting a couple errors, debug, debug, debug...

Last edited by oorollergirloo (2009-08-05 23:45:45)

#2 2009-08-05 18:06:31

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

Re: shaman - cannot re-install, unresolvable dependencies after upgrade

Check with the Chakra devs to see when Shaman for pacman 3.3 will be available..

#3 2009-08-05 23:55:06

Allan
Pacman
Website

I have been told that it should be ready in some form soon...  Although I have not heard anything in the last few days...

#4 2009-08-06 01:15:56

windtalker

They're already working on it at Chakra.
Shaman is one of the packages they maintain.
They're just a few devs doing their best and doing a good job of it.
Patience, they'll get it all in order.
I'm in the middle of an icewm install on one box and was relying on Shaman as a visual aid also,, but, there's always a work around. big_smile

#5 2009-08-06 07:20:41

Heller_Barde

we had a little snafu when archlinux-extra released their split packages. suddenly all dependencies were broken because the split pkgs didn't "provide" the whole kde modules anymore but just it's part (which is of course fine and the way to go), which resulted in two of our devs emergency-rebuilding our whole repo yesterday ^^ I don't know whether i686 is done yet, but x86_64 is already done (but the packages are in kdemod-testing)

just follow this link for x86_64 and this link for i686 to find out how you should configure your pacman for the moment.

(oh and we can't build shaman either for the moment, pacman 3.3 seems to have broke something in shaman with the new libalpm. our dev should be working on it)

cheers
Phil

Board footer