You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-01 22:09:59

RobShield

Installing libfetch, how?

Been searching all over for info how to install that damn libfetch. Since it's needed for Pacman I can't use any of the projects here on Archlinux so how do I install libfetch? There are no ordinary source files to use with ./configure, make, make install. Any tips for a newcomer? I'm using Fedora 11.

#2 2009-08-02 00:14:56

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Installing libfetch, how?

There are packages in the [testing] repo.  If you want the source: ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/libfetch/ … .23.tar.gz

#3 2009-08-02 17:53:11

toofishes
Developer
Website

And the build scripts (e.g. Makefile and PKGBUILD) are available:
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/libfetch/trunk/

#4 2009-08-07 06:49:14

RobShield

I've been trying with the source but it's not an ordinary source that I'm used to. When running Makefile or PKGBUILD it just says "Access denied" even if done as SU. I've saved the files to my home directory. Are these some programs that only works on Arch? Since I'm using Fedora it might not work there? The reason I'm here is because I want to use phc-intel to uindervolt my laptop.

#5 2009-08-07 08:15:20

kamahl

You have to run "makepkg", in the directory where PKGBUILD is.

#6 2009-08-07 08:28:42

shining
Pacman Developer

RobShield wrote:

I've been trying with the source but it's not an ordinary source that I'm used to. When running Makefile or PKGBUILD it just says "Access denied" even if done as SU. I've saved the files to my home directory. Are these some programs that only works on Arch? Since I'm using Fedora it might not work there? The reason I'm here is because I want to use phc-intel to uindervolt my laptop.

uh?!

what does this have to do with libfetch and pacman?

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#7 2009-08-07 13:09:28

RobShield

shining wrote:
RobShield wrote:

uh?!

what does this have to do with libfetch and pacman?

Because the first guide I read about installing phc used Pacman and something else as an easy way of installing it. Now I have found phc's official homepage and will try with them directly instead. smile

Board footer