You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-07 11:13:31

dext

Where is chroot

Last time when I was installing Arch I mounted my cache in to /var/cache/pacman/pkg. This time it doesn't work - pacman is dowloading packages. Quick search using ls, and ctrl+f in browser (Bigginers guide, Official Installation guide) for chroot catalog and I still don't know where it is.

No big deal, only ~120MB, but where the KISS gone?

#2 2009-08-07 13:12:39

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: Where is chroot

dext wrote:

Last time when I was installing Arch I mounted my cache in to /var/cache/pacman/pkg.

By looking at the source of both the old installer and the newer AIF, it appears that files are downloaded to /src/core/pkg during installation.

dext wrote:

Quick search using ls, and ctrl+f in browser (Bigginers guide, Official Installation guide) for chroot catalog and I still don't know where it is.

I'm not sure what you mean by "chroot catalog". Could you please rephrase that and maybe elaborate on it further?

#3 2009-08-07 19:00:47

dext

Re: Where is chroot

By 'chroot catalog' I mean the place where installer build system to copy it on HDD at the end - like in PLD or Gentoo. When I noticed that Pacman didn't see the cache I was quite sure, that there is chroot somewhere.

Last time I was installing Arch, everything I set on live cd appeared in installed system. Now it doesn't, so something was changed.

Thanks for info about /src/core/pkg. I will be very useful next time.

Board footer