You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-06 15:48:05

daJense

Installing kdemod4.3 - some issues

Hi,

today I spent some time, eager to get KDE 4.3 working using the kdemod by chakra. I encountered some problems on the way, so I thought I could list them here a) as a warning for those who just need their system to work but ... and b) for all who have the same problems. Keep in mind that I am by no means an expert...

1. Because of the splitting issue (which I don't pretend to understand) the i686 packages are still in [kdemod testing]. So you need to enable these repos (don't forget to disable [kdemod core] if you do this, else mad..

2. I also had to uninstall this package: kdemod-kdebase-runtime-icons before I could upgarde (pacman -Rd kdemod-kdebase-runtime-icons)

3. Amarok quit working because of dependecy issues. I solved this by installing all of the following packages (I don't know whether all are necessary but now it works)

kdemod-phonon-backend-gstreamer
   kdemod-phonon-backend-mplayer
   kdemod-phonon-backend-xine (default)

4. As the settings directory has changed to .kdemod4 you have to copy the contents of the .kde4 directory into .kdemod4

5. The new networkmanagement applet does not work for me. It seems to have problems with WPA encrypted networks, though it shows them I can't connect. I haven't resolved this yet. Any ideas would be nice.
-- I solved this by follwing this guide: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wicd to use wicd instead. It's not as flashy but works like a charm smile

Last edited by daJense (2009-08-06 16:31:44)

#2 2009-08-08 07:04:42

djszapi
Website

Re: Installing kdemod4.3 - some issues

Hello daJense!

Does it work only with wicd ?

Board footer