You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-10 14:21:16

axle

Question about pacman -Qdt output

Hi I wasn't sure if this should be in the pacman or newbie forums, but I am sort a newbie still....

So I did a "pacman -Qdt" the other day and I have the following "orphaned" packages installed on my system:

automoc4 0.9.88-1
cmake 2.6.4-2
kde-meta-kdebindings 4.3-5
kde-meta-kdegraphics 4.3-5
libcaptury 158-1

I did a quick google search on automoc, and still have no idea what it really is.  I understand what cmake is (although I don't remember explicitly installing it myself), and after googling libcaptury I understand what it is, and apprarently it's used by kwin.

However, my real question is:

Why are kde-meta-kdebindings and kde-meta-kdebindings listed as orphans? I read on the Wiki that this means that no other packages require them as dependencies, which I'm not sure if that makes sense or not to me as far as the kde meta-packages go.  Also why aren't any of the other meta-packages listed as orphans then (I've installed about half of them)?

#2 2009-08-10 14:29:41

SpeedVin

Re: Question about pacman -Qdt output

axle wrote:

Hi I wasn't sure if this should be in the pacman or newbie forums, but I am sort a newbie still....

So I did a "pacman -Qdt" the other day and I have the following "orphaned" packages installed on my system:

automoc4 0.9.88-1
cmake 2.6.4-2
kde-meta-kdebindings 4.3-5
kde-meta-kdegraphics 4.3-5
libcaptury 158-1

I did a quick google search on automoc, and still have no idea what it really is.  I understand what cmake is (although I don't remember explicitly installing it myself), and after googling libcaptury I understand what it is, and apprarently it's used by kwin.

However, my real question is:

Why are kde-meta-kdebindings and kde-meta-kdebindings listed as orphans? I read on the Wiki that this means that no other packages require them as dependencies, which I'm not sure if that makes sense or not to me as far as the kde meta-packages go.  Also why aren't any of the other meta-packages listed as orphans then (I've installed about half of them)?

Becouse they are needed by other packages wink

Shell Scripter | C/C++/Python/Java Coder | ZSH

Board footer