You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-04 22:24:28

jeroenv

mplayer and lirc?

I'm experimenting with the newly added lirc 0.7 package. Lirc seems to work just fine with my ATI usb remote wonder i.e. after making a lircd.conf with irrecord. The irw client now displays every button i press.
But mplayer doesn't seem to be compiled for lirc i.e. is doesn't register as a lirc client in the /var/log/lircd logfile when i start mplayer nor does it respond to any button on the remote. Or am i wrong???

#2 2005-01-05 02:15:09

kleptophobiac

Re: mplayer and lirc?

Did somebody take my lirc package and do something useful with it (like add it to official repos, or modify and add under their name)?! holy hell! sweet.

I made a lirc capable mplayer package. I'll post it in a few when I can get to my other comp.

#3 2005-01-05 03:04:24

kleptophobiac

ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/incoming/mplaye … irc.tar.gz

It's exactly the same as the mplayer in the abs tree, except that it has the lirc flags on the configure scripts. That's the only change. Hope it works for you.

#4 2005-01-05 07:48:14

jeroenv

kleptophobiac wrote:

Did somebody take my lirc package and do something useful with it (like add it to official repos, or modify and add under their name)?! holy hell! sweet.

I made a lirc capable mplayer package. I'll post it in a few when I can get to my other comp.

"add under their name"?? i'm not sure i understand.

However, yes, lirc works for me albeit after a lot of hassling and discovering that the ati_remote kernel module is autoloaded/hotplugged and then interferes with lirc. It must be disabled (by renaming the kernel module to *.something) to allow lirc to see my remote.

I'll try yer mplayer package this evening. Thanks a bunch.

#5 2005-01-05 21:39:33

kleptophobiac

there used to be a lirc+pctv package, but no straight up lirc package. Some short time after I posted mine, there was a new lirc package. I can dream I was inspiration. smile

Anyway, just let me know how the mplayer lirc package works for you. smile

#6 2005-01-05 22:36:23

jeroenv

kleptophobiac wrote:

Anyway, just let me know how the mplayer lirc package works for you. smile

Yes, it works like a charm big_smile. I thank you. I bought the ATI remote over a year ago and finally i have a remote for my linux video/audio machine. And it works as advertized, the signal passes through concrete walls without a problem.
Next is to lircify the client for my custom built mp3 client/server software.

Board footer