You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-10 15:03:16

akurashy

Some problems after moving to KDE (firefox scrollbar, and FF process)

I just moved from GNOME to KDE, not so much of a regret except that firefox started acting weird after the move I don't know if it has something to do with KDE.

The scrollbars, yes I know there is a "install scrollbar fix" in GTK Styles and Fonts but it doesn't work when I do it. I had to install a theme (KFirefox I think its called) to get it a bit stable (address bar looks weird) although I'm thinking of moving to Opera I just want to get it fixed.

firefox process, when I close firefox and later on try to open it it tells me the process is running even so I closed it a while ago. Anyone got this problem? and how to fix it?

Unrelated, let me know if I should create another post that is, after the move tweetdeck stopped working (can't find the configuration files to wipe out) columns won't show and the application is pretty much crippled. (adobe-air and unzip installed, does anyone know where is the configuration files ?)

#2 2009-08-10 16:31:10

Gen2ly
Website

Re: Some problems after moving to KDE (firefox scrollbar, and FF process)

Yeah, akurashy, I get that too when I close firefox.  Kwin doesn't know how to close firefox proper.  To get firefox to close I do File > Quit.  As for the scrollbar fix I use qtcurve as in the KDE wiki page.

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-08-10 16:32:24)

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#3 2009-08-10 18:08:28

akurashy

Re: Some problems after moving to KDE (firefox scrollbar, and FF process)

Gen2ly wrote:

Yeah, akurashy, I get that too when I close firefox.  Kwin doesn't know how to close firefox proper.  To get firefox to close I do File > Quit.  As for the scrollbar fix I use qtcurve as in the KDE wiki page.

Tried that, it didn't work sad File-> quit works fine

Board footer