You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-08 08:47:19

mikioma

(Solved) KDE 4.3: Alt-tab delays for some seconds

Hi all!

Just upgraded to KDE 4.3 (not kdemod) and everything seems fine... but alt-tab feature. If make some work with an application (or open a new one and start working with it), if i try to switch to other app by pressing alt-tab, it takes three or four seconds to show the switch capability. If i try to press alt-tab again without doing anything else, it works immediately, but if i go back to work with any application for a while, the wrong behaviour comes again.

I'm currently using composite effects, but i've disabled them and the result is the same.

EDIT: It's not just alt-tab... trying to select another application by clicking on the panel also has the very same behaviour.

I've looked at running processes... and no one is "eating" my cpu or disk...

Anyone had this same problem?

BTW: Running HP Pavillion dv2000 Turionx2 nvidia here. Arch's completely updated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by mikioma (2009-08-12 06:23:21)

#2 2009-08-08 09:45:41

djszapi
Website

Re: (Solved) KDE 4.3: Alt-tab delays for some seconds

Hello! After a total kde reinstall too ? Did you try it on another pc ? Which xorg/kernel/vga driver do you use ?

#3 2009-08-12 06:22:18

mikioma

Re: (Solved) KDE 4.3: Alt-tab delays for some seconds

Sorry for the delay (been out for some days) and thanks a lot for your answer!

Well... right... though these things don't make me feel confident, reinstalling KDE solved the issue... ... so I won't be able to know what exactly caused the problem.

No driver change... no package updated... just clean reinstall.

Well... kind of solved then wink

Board footer