You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-12 21:48:31

theDBANfan
Website

Eee PC 1000 HE has no sound out of headphone jack.

I recently bought an Eee PC 1000 HE about a month ago. It came pre-loaded with Windows XP, but me being theDBANfan, the first thing I did to it was wipe it and put Linux on it. I first tried Ubuntu Netbook remix but found that, it being ubuntu after all, was too slow and bloated.

I later on read somewhere that there was a distro call Arch Linux, and, as they say, the rest was history.

Yesterday I finally got arround to installing Arch with KDE 4.3 on my Eee PC. I will say this from the heart; It is by far the best computing experience I have ever had in my entire life. It just works great in every single way, except one, which I hope to solve soon with you're help, Arch Communitty.

The problem is that when I plug in a headphone to the jack on the side of my Eee PC, I hear nothing out of the speakers or the headphone. I am not sure what is going on here, especially when you consider the fact that it worked fine out of the box with Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Am I missing some kind of driver/firmware? I believe I am using ALSA not OSS.

I am a little bit of a n00b to this Arch Linux thing, so if there is something on the wiki or another thread please point me in the right direction. I would really appreciate any help!!!

If you need more information just tell me what command to type in. Thanks!!

#2 2009-08-12 22:10:04

theDBANfan
Website

Re: Eee PC 1000 HE has no sound out of headphone jack.

Never mind. Silly me. The sound wasn't turned up enough for me to hear it out of the headphones. Sorry for the useless thread. It works. YAY!!!!! The best computing experience in the world is mine!!

Arch + KDE 4.3 + Eee PC 1000 HE = The best experience.

Board footer