You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-14 01:22:36

Kardell

OpenOffice Draw is very slow

I have one open office draw document in high resolution, a lot of details and I think after some upgrade maybe to v3.1.0-5 I can't continue work on it, because it freezes every second during interaction. Processor util is jumping up to ~65% from 30%. OO Writer documents work properly.
Maybe there is coincidence with recent KDE upgrade to kde-meta.

Cheers wink

"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it." Edmund Burke

#2 2009-08-14 06:42:42

mjheagle8

Re: OpenOffice Draw is very slow

Kardell wrote:

I have one open office draw document in high resolution, a lot of details and I think after some upgrade maybe to v3.1.0-5 I can't continue work on it, because it freezes every second during interaction. Processor util is jumping up to ~65% from 30%. OO Writer documents work properly.
Maybe there is coincidence with recent KDE upgrade to kde-meta.

Cheers wink

try running in a terminal so you can see if there are errors and possibly fix those. your symptoms could be caused by a number of issues.

Desktop/Laptop - DWM :: VM - screen
Registered Linux User Number 483137 :: Victory! :: GitHub

#3 2009-08-14 22:45:16

Kardell

Re: OpenOffice Draw is very slow

I forwarded my issue to OO forum, because OO is not giving me any output, no errors in terminal and I don't know how to use gdb on it, to trace faults.

I've noticed that desktop (1 from 4) with open OO Draw is affecting by its slowdown other, neighbour desktop things like Calendar etc.

@mjheagle8
About Vitory! movie.
By the way mjheagle8 Linux is from special people for special and avarage special people. Ordinary civilians doesn't care about Linux until this operating system hit the  proper guy. They are installing Ubuntus, Fedoras and SuSE same way like Windows even do not open terminal once. Now we have iPhones and very excited its users in US and UK.
And knowledge about heliocentric Solar System (hail N. Copernicus) is still useless for more than 95% of Earth's population and from senses point of view is still confusing for them and for me even. smile
And social techniques (public relations) didn't change a lot, they are just more sophisticated. Masses are manipulated with same easyness like 6k years ago in ancient Egypt via solar eclipses. Nothing has changed from that time. And I'd not follow Ghandi at all, but surely he belonged to smart people. smile

Last edited by Kardell (2009-08-15 14:37:45)

"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it." Edmund Burke

Board footer