You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-15 02:40:35

akurashy

[solved] Pulseaudio confusion

I just followed pulseaudio article on wiki with pulse as default then installed libflashsupport-pulse from AUR

Everything is working like a charm... really made my night when I saw flash + other applications in harmony, so lastly I started switching mplayer to use pulse output instead of alsa and well it didn't work, same with other applications. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something wrong with a config file?

It doesn't really bother me but well I just want to learn this for future reference smile I can always just use ALSA output

Last edited by akurashy (2009-08-15 05:49:46)

#2 2009-08-15 05:07:27

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] Pulseaudio confusion

You would really need to give more details than that... Any error messages if run from the terminal? Versions used? What are the 'other applications' that work, and which besides mplayer don't?

Last I recall, mplayer isn't pulse-enabled by default (just like mpd), you need to install something like mplayer-pulse from the AUR (just search for something along those lines).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-08-15 05:49:31

akurashy

Re: [solved] Pulseaudio confusion

It seems I got ahead of something that never managed to compile (don't know what happened, must have been the abrupt restart)

mplayer-pulse is compiling once again so I went ahead and tested with XMMS2 changed from alsa to pulse via commandline, it's working smile

Thanks for answering! I'd hope I have no problem after this with mplayer-pulse

Edit: mplayer-pulse working like a charm smile

Last edited by akurashy (2009-08-15 06:07:11)

Board footer