You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 16:45:34

OneEyedPimp

[solved]Xorg + AIGLX problem.

Hello all,

I have been having this problem for a little while now. It is not so much a "problem" as an annoyance. What happens is I log in in as a regular user and startx and everything runs peachy keys. The problem starts if I log out of X back to the console. Everything works in the console but when I decide to startx again, it partially loads openbox and then crashes. According to the output it is a problem with AIGLX:

Enable CRTC memreq 0 success
Enable CRTC 0 success
Unblank CRTC 0 success
Output DIG0 transmitter setup success
Output CRT1 disable success
Blank CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC memreq 1 success
unknown chip id 0x95c4, can't guess.
(EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
which: no hsetroot in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no esetroot in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no gnome-settings-daemon in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no xfce-mcs-manager in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
Conky: forked to background, pid is 5713

Conky: desktop window (116) is root window
Conky: window type - desktop
Conky: drawing to created window (0x1000001)
Conky: drawing to double buffer
Openbox-Message: A window manager is already running on screen 0

waiting for X server to shut down XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"

after 239 requests (237 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

kdeinit: Pipe closed unexpectedly: No such file or directory
kdeinit: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
The application 'xfwm4' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
Blank CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC memreq 0 success
Blank CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC 1 success
Enable CRTC 0 success
Unblank CRTC 0 success

What is weird is I logged in as root, startx and then killed it, then logged in as user and I can startx just fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Levi

Edit: If I have X as a user, then kill it, then launch X as root it runs (root uses xfce). Then If I log back in as user, startx and the same error appears.

Last edited by OneEyedPimp (2009-08-15 17:26:57)

#2 2009-08-14 23:29:29

djszapi
Website

Re: [solved]Xorg + AIGLX problem.

Hello OneEyedPimp!

What changed aroung your system? kernel/xorg/driver ? Which version of that do you use ?

#3 2009-08-15 00:34:01

OneEyedPimp

Hello djszapi,

Everything on this system is up to date, I am using kernel 2.6.30.4-1, the xorg-server I am using is 1.6.3-2, and I am using the radeon driver for my ATI radeon HD 3400.

What is weird is that this problem has been persisting for several updates. I am also starting to think that it is a problem with openbox as I get the same AIGLX error when it starts the first time:

Enable CRTC 0 success
Unblank CRTC 0 success
Blank CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC 1 success
(EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
which: no hsetroot in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no esetroot in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no gnome-settings-daemon in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
which: no xfce-mcs-manager in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
Conky: forked to background, pid is 4636

Conky: drawing to created window (0xc00001)
** Message: To replace the current window manager, try "--replace"

** (xfwm4:4623): WARNING **: Another Window Manager is already running
kbuildsycoca running...

and looking at that I start to scratch my head. It appears that xfwm4 is somehow starting. Could it be that that is somehow still running, thereby stopping openbox from opening?

#4 2009-08-15 06:47:37

djszapi
Website

"I am also starting to think that it is a problem with openbox" -> Did you test with others?

#5 2009-08-15 17:01:06

OneEyedPimp

Well it does appear to be a problem with Openbox. I am using xfce right now and I can log in and out. But when I switch back to openbox in my .xinitrc I get the following error:

Unblank CRTC 0 success
Blank CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC 1 success
Conky: forked to background, pid is 5220
Openbox-Message: A window manager is already running on screen 0

Conky: drawing to created window (0x1000001)
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /home/oneeyedpimp/.DCOPserver_Studio__0
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------

waiting for X server to shut down XIO:  fatal IO error 95 (Operation not supported) on X server ":0.0"

after 169 requests (114 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

xfwm4: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.
Blank CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC memreq 0 success
Blank CRTC 1 success
Disable CRTC 1 success
Enable CRTC 0 success
Unblank CRTC 0 success
kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.

So I think it is something with the xfwm4 somehow starting as well. I dont know how it is. Let me try to add some lines to .xinitrc to kill it and I will post back...

EDIT: solved it. What it was was there was the folder ~/.config/autostart. Inside there there was a couple of xfce....desktop files. I just ran:

mv autostart autostart-bak

and now it works like a charm. Actually openbox appears to start faster for me now. Though, I now have a problem with how I had urxvt running, but that is for a different thread. Thank you for you help.

Last edited by OneEyedPimp (2009-08-15 17:26:43)

Board footer