You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-15 17:56:05

akurashy

[note] running multiple audio apps along with runescape

Hello everyone

For those battling with their java hogging the audio device *and for those who waste their time with runescape *included* *

Install PulseAudio and follow their instruction, be sure to READ ( and more if you are like me that can't survive without listening to music).

After installing and testing everything go to console type in:
$ padsp opera

Note I use opera, although I'm pretty sure most of you use firefox. Don't bother though, firefox 3.5 will hang on, been looking on how to fix it but not close enough.

if you run
$ pavucontrol
you should be able to see all the applications that uses audio routed onto it and be able to manipulate the volume of each one

Alright going back to the 'dadsp opera' step, go to runescape.org or whatever site that contains java mini games or application that uses audio, run it and you should be able to get it working. In the 'pavucontrol' it'd be marked as "OSS Emulation"

Along with this, be sure to check on libflashsupport-pulse (using 32 bit one personally)

Sorry if this wasn't the section, wanted to post this since it wasn't anywhere. I'd hope it be helpful to others

Cheers

Board footer