You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-16 22:45:57

sr_proxerino

[SOLVED] mac mini wireless setup

Good afternoon/evening!

I am excited about setting up Arch on my Mac Mini and I have gotten through the first part of the install. The good news is that it worked without a problem, the bad news is that I'm stuck without a network connection. (My ethernet card was fried earlier this week due to someone turning off the A/C in my house on the hottest day of the year ...)

What that means is that I've gotta set up my wireless connection in order to continue installing packages and getting the system up and running.
I've been to the excellent http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_Setup but it looks like i"m installing the wrong firmware, as when I get to the 'iwlist scan' section of the tutorial, my wlan0 shows "Interface doesn't support scanning: network is down." Searched the forums, don't see an immediate answer.

On my previous Ubuntu installation, it worked without a hitch, and I believe the device name was "ath0."
That's all I've got. Anyone have any advice on which modules I should use, what changes (if any) I need to make to my rc.conf?

Much appreciated!

Last edited by sr_proxerino (2009-08-16 23:18:10)

#2 2009-08-16 23:08:28

sr_proxerino

Re: [SOLVED] mac mini wireless setup

nm! got it solved. Had to use ath5k and then set up a profile in netcfg.
That worked. big_smile

#3 2009-08-16 23:10:30

djszapi
Website

Re: [SOLVED] mac mini wireless setup

Welcome to the forum, sr_proxerino!

You can change the topic to solved.

Board footer