You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-08 13:32:35

slackhack

pacman slowdown

anyone else experiencing system slowdowns when pacman is running? it's never happened before, but i just did an upgrade and my mouse started lagging really bad and memory use shot up to 500mb with swap being used, which is really rare for my system. top showed pacman only using around 25% cpu -- i've never monitored it, though, is that normal usage? as soon as it was finished my system went back to normal speed, but i've just never experienced any lag like that before.

cheers

#2 2005-01-08 15:14:34

lanrat

Re: pacman slowdown

High memory usage could be the result of tar bug (memory leak - search the fourms for details) and a lot of packages to upgrade.

#3 2005-01-08 15:18:22

slackhack

Re: pacman slowdown

i just played an mp3 that someone posted on the music forum that had to download, and that did the same thing.

i recently installed linblock.pl, and it adds a ton of entries to the iptables -- literally thousands. i think that might be it somehow. next time i do an update i'll flush the iptable and see if that fixes it.

>>yep, it was the linblock. :eek: guess i'll only be loading that on an "as needed" basis. big_smile

Board footer