You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-29 19:49:32

veox
Website

New Common Lisp packages in AUR

Not sure if this should go in the "AUR Discussion" forum or here, but:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=veox

I've been adding some Common Lisp packages to AUR lately. Most importantly, the dependency tree needed to install CFFI. The PKGBUILDs and install scripts aren't ideal (mostly skipping 'tests' compilation and not installing documentation), but they work.

It would be great if people with CL gave some feedback on installation, usage, perhaps some tips on improvement.

As you understand, this hasn't been tested by anyone but me. So don't use on your production machine(s). smile

P.S. If you'd like to add some more CL packages to AUR, there are guidelines at the wiki (slightly incomplete, though). I've mostly built on the base of cl-ppcre.

Last edited by veox (2009-07-29 19:51:22)

#2 2009-08-03 03:01:37

escondida
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: New Common Lisp packages in AUR

Hey! I took a (quick, sorry!) glance at these, and they seem good!

One issue (a bug from my very own cl-ppcre's .install file, I'm guessing) is that clisp-new-clx is tested for twice in some of the .install files, instead of once for that and once for vanilla clisp.

Packaging lisp for the AUR is definitely one of those awkward, grey-area things (since a lot of lispers just prefer to use asdf-install or similar), so I'm glad there's someone else out there who likes the idea (-:

Do you have any particular packaging goals for all this, or is the plan for now just to make more lisp stuff easily available?

#3 2009-08-13 10:36:08

veox
Website

(Ugh, sorry for the delay, I had an expired address listed in the forums.)

The second case. :) Getting into ASDF was a little too steep for me when I first wanted to install just-that-one-thing. Besides, not using pacman means there's stuff in the system that's unaccounted (!).

Last edited by veox (2009-08-13 10:57:01)

#4 2009-08-18 09:37:21

veox
Website

Now there's also cl-hunchentoot (and its dependency tree).

Board footer