You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-13 06:49:23

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

postfix PKGBUILD in ABS.

I wanted to compile postfix with mysql support, since it doesn't seem to be included in the arch build.
*cursory whining*

When I looked at the pkgbuild, it looked funny.

# $Id: PKGBUILD,v 1.28 2004/12/13 05:45:29 jason Exp $
# Contributor: Jeff Brodnax <tullyarcher@bellsouth.net>
# Maintainer: dale <dale@archlinux.org>
pkgname=postfix
pkgver=2.1.5
pkgrel=3
pkgdesc="Secure, fast, easy to administer drop in replacement for Sendmail (MTA)"
depends=('glibc' 'db' 'pcre')
# leave etc/mail/aliases in backup() for a few versions until
# people have migrated or made other provisions
backup=(etc/mail/aliases etc/postfix/aliases etc/postfix/virtual etc/postfix/relocated 
        etc/postfix/access etc/postfix/header_checks etc/postfix/transport 
        etc/postfix/main.cf etc/postfix/master.cf)
install="$pkgname.install"
url="http://www.postfix.org/"
source=(ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz 
        $pkgname.patch.bz2 
        $pkgname 
        $pkgname.install)
md5sums=('bcaa4aac80595d04c60c72844203a04d' 'a3c45ff23ef036143711793fcf2478c3'
         'eb5f290655559bbdfbf7b9791aeb4a64' '469ce1ce887bafb2afd243c4c64c843a')

provides=('smtp-server')

build() {
    cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
    make OPT="${CFLAGS}" || return 1

sh postfix-install -non-interactive 
        install_root="$startdir/pkg" 
        daemon_directory="/usr/lib/$pkgname" 
        sample_directory="/etc/$pkgname/sample" 
        manpage_directory="/usr/man"

cd $startdir/pkg
    cat $startdir/src/$pkgname.patch |patch -Np0 || return 1
    rm etc/$pkgname/main.cf~

cd $startdir/pkg
    mkdir etc/rc.d
    install -m 0755 $startdir/src/$pkgname etc/rc.d/$pkgname
}

Why is the CFLAGS in there?

Also, no configure? I assume that postfix makefile does some hijinks then, but where do I manually specify different build options?

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#2 2004-12-13 20:52:43

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: postfix PKGBUILD in ABS.

Looks like the postfix build system doesn't listen to the CFLAGS variable, instead it listens to the OPT variable.  The PKGBUILD is just setting OPT to CFLAGS.  You'd rather your CFLAGS were used during a postfix build than silently ignored, wouldn't you?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-12-13 20:56:25

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Doesn't arch have a standard cflags for everything?
the --march=686 -02 thingy..?

It doesn't seem to be a proper way to specify compiled in options, I think it would be better to have the OPT variable set manually further up in the pkgbuild, so people can easily modify the build options.

Maybe I am just confused here.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2004-12-13 21:03:37

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

So you'd rather have the build options for postfix different than the standard build options in /etc/makepkg.conf?

Here we go:
- makepkg.conf defines a set of CFLAGS for all build systems to use
- postfix doesn't read the CFLAGS variable
- therefore it doesn't use the system wide build flags
- instead of reading CFLAGS postfix reads OPT
- in the PKGBUILD, OPT is set to the same options in CFLAGS
- with this change, postfix uses the system wide build flags

Are you understanding now?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-12-13 22:56:56

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

doh!

I see. It appears my confusion was laying in the squirrely nature of the postfix build. It uses OPT for ALL the build stuff. For some reason I was thinking that we had to use cflags to specify dependecy build stuff, like gentoo does.

So, a possible solution might be to have the OPT=$CFLAGS above the make command, and maybe have OPT="${OPT} additional-stuff-here" so that people can easily customize the postfix build in abs..

I know I would like to build postfix with mysql map support (the postfix arch maintainer is working on this now I believe 8)).
Thanks for the "knowledge transfer" Xentac.  wink

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#6 2004-12-14 01:55:30

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Or... you could just leave the change it to OPT="${CFLAGS} additional-stuff-here".

- Blaise Pascal

#7 2004-12-17 19:33:56

jojapa

make OPT="${CFLAGS}" CCARGS="${CCARGS} -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/include/sasl -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql -DUSE_SSL-DHAS_PGSQL -I/usr/include/postgresql " AUXLIBS="${AUXLIBS} -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -L/usr/lib/postgresql -lpq -L/usr/lib/sasl2 -lsasl2  -lssl -lcrypto " || return 1

I build postfixt with mysql/postgresql and sasl support ( with a tls patch).

#8 2004-12-24 11:22:49

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

I can't get postfix to build with mysql support. It keeps crapping out on

I did some googling, and found this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-que … 55583.html

That is about the exact errors that I am getting.
Anyone have any ideas?

[src/error]
gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql -DHAS_PCRE  -g -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -I. -I../../include -DLINUX2 -c error.c
gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql -DHAS_PCRE  -g -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -I. -I../../include -DLINUX2 -o error error.o ../../lib/libmaster.a ../../lib/libglobal.a ../../lib/libutil.a -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -L/usr/lib -lpcre -ldb -lnsl -lresolv
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x36): In function `report_errors':
: undefined reference to `ERR_get_error_line_data'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0xc7): In function `vio_ssl_read':
: undefined reference to `SSL_read'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0xee): In function `vio_ssl_read':
: undefined reference to `SSL_get_error'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x132): In function `vio_ssl_write':
: undefined reference to `SSL_write'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x305): In function `vio_ssl_close':
: undefined reference to `SSL_shutdown'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x315): In function `vio_ssl_close':
: undefined reference to `SSL_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x46f): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_new'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x4cb): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_clear'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x4d9): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_get_session'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x4e8): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_SESSION_set_timeout'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x4fc): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_set_fd'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x50a): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_set_accept_state'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x518): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_do_handshake'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x52e): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_get_peer_certificate'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x53e): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `X509_get_subject_name'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x550): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x560): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `X509_get_issuer_name'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x574): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x584): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `X509_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x5a5): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_get_shared_ciphers'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x5c5): In function `sslaccept':: undefined reference to `SSL_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x646): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_new'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6a4): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_clear'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6b2): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_get_session'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6c1): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_SESSION_set_timeout'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6d5): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_set_fd'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6e3): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_set_connect_state'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x6f1): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_do_handshake'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o)(.text+0x70a): In function `sslconnect':
: undefined reference to `SSL_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x8): In function `get_dh512':
: undefined reference to `DH_new'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x29): In function `get_dh512':
: undefined reference to `BN_bin2bn'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x47): In function `get_dh512':
: undefined reference to `BN_bin2bn'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x5f): In function `get_dh512':
: undefined reference to `DH_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0xa3): In function `report_errors':
: undefined reference to `ERR_get_error_line_data'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0xeb): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x10d): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x119): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_check_private_key'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x167): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `ERR_print_errors_fp'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x1d3): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `ERR_print_errors_fp'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x20c): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x216): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_error'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x21e): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x232): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_get_subject_name'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x247): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x2a7): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_get_issuer_name'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x2bc): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x321): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `TLSv1_client_method'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x32c): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x348): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x361): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_verify'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x38c): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x3b4): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x3bc): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x3d6): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x3fe): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_load_error_strings'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x40f): In function `new_VioSSLConnectorFd':
: undefined reference to `OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x46a): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `TLSv1_server_method'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x475): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x491): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4b8): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4cf): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_verify'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4e9): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_session_id_context'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x514): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x53c): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x544): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x557): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x57e): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `SSL_load_error_strings'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x58f): In function `new_VioSSLAcceptorFd':
: undefined reference to `OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [error] Error 1
make: *** [update] Error 1
make: *** [update] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Here is the only modified line in the pkgbuild:

make OPT="${CFLAGS}" CCARGS="${CCARGS} -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql " AUXLIBS="${AUXLIBS} -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm " || return 1

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#9 2004-12-24 11:30:33

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

doh! figured it out

I changed the line in the PKGBUILD to:

make OPT="${CFLAGS}" CCARGS="${CCARGS} -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql -DUSE_SSL " AUXLIBS="${AUXLIBS} -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto " || return 1

and it worked.
*smacks forehead*

[user@host ~]# postconf -m
static
cidr
pcre
nis
regexp
environ
mysql
proxy
btree
unix
hash

smile  smile

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#10 2004-12-29 09:41:17

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

jojapa wrote:

I build postfixt with mysql/postgresql and sasl support ( with a tls patch).

jojapa, what size is your resultant postfix tarball? Mine built with mysql support is 13MB. yikes!

(builder@kif postfix)$ pwd
/var/abs/local/postfix/pkg/usr/lib/postfix
(builder@kif postfix)$ du -csh *
1.2M    bounce
1.2M    cleanup
1.2M    error
1.1M    flush
1.2M    lmtp
1.2M    local
108K    master
1.2M    nqmgr
1.2M    oqmgr
1.1M    pickup
1.2M    pipe
1.1M    proxymap
1.2M    qmqpd
1.2M    showq
1.2M    smtp
1.3M    smtpd
1.1M    spawn
1.2M    trivial-rewrite
1.1M    verify
1.2M    virtual
22M     total

I assume the mysql lib includes added make up the difference..but it is considerably larger...
compare with the default build from abs..

156K    bounce
196K    cleanup
144K    error
136K    flush
176K    lmtp
208K    local
108K    master
180K    nqmgr
172K    oqmgr
136K    pickup
164K    pipe
120K    proxymap
152K    qmqpd
136K    showq
192K    smtp
244K    smtpd
128K    spawn
140K    trivial-rewrite
128K    verify
160K    virtual
3.2M    total

Did something go amok in my includes syntax? Did I include too much?

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#11 2005-01-02 23:30:50

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

anyone?

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#12 2005-01-08 21:38:04

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

discovered what the earlier error was due to.
Mysql is compiled with ssl in arch, so by linking to lib mysqlclient, ssl libs are required.

make makefiles CCARGS="-DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql" AUXLIBS="-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -lssl -lpthread -lcrypto" || return 1
    make OPT="${CFLAGS}" || return 1

Still resulting in a 13MB package file, but I guess I can live with it if it IS supposed to be that large.

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

Board footer