You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-07 07:27:33

ralvy

Looking for a special makepkg document

Last night I was browsing a document in the Wiki that demonstrated configuring a package for makepkg, using a particular application as an example. I was tired, so decided I'd read it over the next day (today). Well, I can't seem to find it anymore. I've looked over all the docs in the Packages and Makepkg section of the Wiki, and none of them are the one I'm looking for. Anyone know what document I'm talking about, and where I might find it? It really seemed quite informative.

#2 2005-01-07 07:39:27

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Looking for a special makepkg document

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-01-08 00:24:42

ralvy

Well, it was similar to the last one you cited, but it used a real application (I forget its name), not foo.

#4 2005-01-08 01:15:54

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

http://xentac.net/~jchu/packaging/packaging01.html

Was it this one?  It's not in the wiki...

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2005-01-08 01:18:53

ralvy

Xentac wrote:

http://xentac.net/~jchu/packaging/packaging01.html

Was it this one?  It's not in the wiki...

Yes! That's the one. I spent a lot of time Googling trying to find it again, to no avail. I have no idea how I found it in the first place.

Thanks, Xentac.

#6 2005-01-09 19:48:02

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

I am Jason.

If you were to read my virtual todo list it'd be a couple of kilometers long.  I'd say that writing more packaging articles is about half way down the list, but still above world peace... although, I think find cure for cancer is above it.

If anyone wants to help me out, I'll entertain guest writers.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#7 2005-01-09 22:04:11

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Xentac wrote:

I am Jason.

If you were to read my virtual todo list it'd be a couple of kilometers long.  I'd say that writing more packaging articles is about half way down the list, but still above world peace... although, I think find cure for cancer is above it.

If anyone wants to help me out, I'll entertain guest writers.

If I knew more about it, I would. I am very interested in srcpac for instance, but don't know enough yet to tell my ass from my elbow.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer