You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-20 11:02:46

Lillpottan

Mouse and Keyboard problem when starting X

Hi!
After a time on the more easy distros like Ubuntu, Debian and Mepis I choosed to try Arch on an experiment computer, after following the beginner guide I successfully installed and configured my system, I had a few problems but I had a friend who helped me out.

Now I've installed my DE, I choosed Fluxbox but when I log into it I can't move my mouse or keyboard, meaning I pretty much can't do much at all in it.
I've checked my Xorg log but didn't find what caused the problem and /etc/X11/Xorg.conf is deleted because my friend told me to delete it in the beginning. So I can't check that.

I'm not very experienced in this and can in fact admit that I don't really know what I'm doing all the time but however I'm hungry after knowledge.

Any ideas how I can fix the keyboard + mouse problem? I think I installed drivers for both of them yesterday and they worked when I tried them out without Fluxbox installed in the X.

Thank you.

#2 2009-08-20 11:14:13

peart

Re: Mouse and Keyboard problem when starting X

Without an xorg.conf, you will need input hotplugging to get your keyboard and mouse working.  You can read up on it here.  If you've already been through that page, then make sure HAL is up and running.

Ciao

#3 2009-08-20 11:18:32

Ashren
Website

Do a pacman -Sy xf86-input-mouse xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-evdev

I think the problem is caused by a missing evdev driver.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xor … otplugging

#4 2009-08-20 21:55:35

Teoulas

You also need to have the hal daemon running, if you want to use input hotplugging.

Board footer