You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-22 10:49:58

thisoldman

GUI app to adjust CD pregap?

Is there a light GUI app that allows me to visually adjust the gaps between audio CD tracks before burning? Ideally, the app should have no KDE or large GNOME dependencies.  I'm looking for something that fits in with fluxbox or openbox. There are several CLI or dialog based solutions but I'm really searching for an app with a GUInterface.

Graveman doesn't seem to allow variable gaps between tracks.

The perfect app would allow me to click-select the tracks, enter a few numbers to adjust pregaps and crossfades and then just get on with its work and allow me to continue my other activities.

Thanks.

#2 2009-08-22 13:39:26

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: GUI app to adjust CD pregap?

Currently I have only graveman and xfburn installed and these apps cannot do what you want.
I'm not familiar with brasero and k3b, maybe you can check them and see if they don't need to many dependencies and if they do what you want.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2009-08-22 14:00:42

Army

I'm pretty sure k3b for kde3 was able to handle this, I don't know the new one for kde4, but I guess they didn't cut out that feature.

#4 2009-08-22 15:04:36

thisoldman

Thank you, R00KIE and Army.

Neither Brasero nor K3b are what I am looking for. They both have too many dependencies for my liking. I've used them both and they are very good -- they just have too many features.

I did find daoism, at http://daoism.sourceforge.net/ which would be great for me except it has OSS dependencies. I have enough difficulties with my Layla24 and onboard sound cards that I don't want to introduce a new (to me) sound architecture. With my current configs, daoism produces hiss.

Board footer