You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-21 18:21:17

genjuro

No keyboard or mouse after fresh install

Hi smile

I'm using Arch for the first time, i was used some other linux distros, without so many manual configs....well no pain no gain smile

My problem is that, after i have done the install, i enter directly in to X, but i don't have keyboard or mouse to do the login, i read that the hal deamon is not configured, my question is, how do i manage to login in text mode before it enters X, so i can change settings in text mode?

Thx ppl smile

#2 2009-08-21 18:59:35

AdrenalineJunky

Re: No keyboard or mouse after fresh install

edit your grub listing at bootup and put a "3" at the end of the line.

#3 2009-08-21 19:04:02

ewaller
Administrator

A couple suggestions.

Are you running the sshd daemon?  If so, log in from another computer and edit.

Or, boot into runlevel 1 (Single user).  When GRUB starts, Select the edit mode, and add 1 to the end of your kernel command line.  This will place you in "Single user mode"  in which you can edit the configuration.

Or, boot from the install media and edit

I suggest you configure using multiple run levels using the inittab method as described in:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Add … tab_Method

This way you can start in either run level 3 (command line, multiuser) or 5 (GUI)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2009-08-22 22:05:54

genjuro

Thkx both of you smile

I used the solution to add 3 to the grub command line and it worked just great big_smile... its solved.

Thx very much....

[[]]

Last edited by genjuro (2009-08-22 22:07:56)

Board footer