You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-23 00:53:52

davasse
Website

[RESOLVED] Wireless_tools - Unable to install it from source

Hello everybody,

I just moved from ubuntu to archlinux few days ago.
So I did use the net install from isolinux because the core install was dropping me to the grub menu.
So I configured the network during the install process with dhcpcd and iwconfig wlan0 essid xxx key xxx and it did work like a charm. I noticed something btw, my desktop (where I am performing the install) haven't got the access to internet till I reboot it and put my laptop offline (to help me with archlinux wiki while installing). Weird. Like if the laptop was getting the address in place of the desktop.. .
The install completed perfectly and I rebooted.
Here are the troubles...
I started my fresh install and tried to install couple of things but I was offline. I thought I got to do the same: precising to the system my essid and the corresponding key with iwconfig.
Iwconfig: command not found.
Ok, why is that I dunno but I downloaded the wireless_tools.29 on my laptop, put it on my WD Passport USB HDD, mount it in Arch, was able to copy the directory and unpack it in my root directory. Then I run a make && make install, everything seemed ok. I still hadn't found iwconfig at this point so I followed up the instructions here: http://julp.developpez.com/linux/wg511T/
Still doesn't work.
I tried to pacman -U but it said the package is corrupted, I downloaded it again but same error...
So if someone would just give me the instructions to perform the install from those sources or from the tar.gz file properly, I'll appreciate it.

Thank you,
David

PS: I have searched the whole forum but didn't find an explanation with the source file, maybe I am wrong to go that way...

Last edited by davasse (2009-08-23 01:09:08)

#2 2009-08-23 00:57:41

&#32 Greg

Re: [RESOLVED] Wireless_tools - Unable to install it from source

ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/core/os/i686/wi … pkg.tar.gz

Why not try downloading the above- just run a pacman -U (it's 32 bit, for the record).

#3 2009-08-23 01:00:29

davasse
Website

Hello,

Very fast answer, I appreciate!
In fact, I look for it and I haven't found it. I am trying it roight now, I'll let you know.

David

#4 2009-08-23 01:10:11

davasse
Website

Problem solved, Pacman did the local install properly, thank you.
Thoyugh I am still dubitative about the fact my compilation from source was not working...

#5 2009-08-23 09:41:23

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

It was probably installed to /usr/local/ which is not in PATH

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer