You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-27 13:03:49

ovihc

building cinelerra on 2.6.7

I've been trying to install cinelerra on Arch. I work with video editing software. I'm so glad that cinelerra exists, it is a great alternative to adobe premiere. I also use Kino and dvgrab.

unfortunately, I used those tools in SUSE 9.0 . Cinelerra compiled great. now that i moved to Arch, I'm having so much trouble compiling cinelerra. I was hoping that there might already be a package for it, but there's none. I looked into

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … =cinelerra

it's a good posting talking about cinelerra and 2 package builds. i played with both of them but they didn't work. I'm starting to think that I might be missing something on my installation, or gcc is misconfigured. I do not know.

when I compile cinelerra, I first untar the package. btw, I'm working on cinelerra-1.2.0 (the newest release). I've also tried the same thing on older versions, but nothing works.

after i untar the file, I run the CFLAGS='............'  configuration that they give in the "SECRETS OF CINELERRA" document.I have even used other older configurations. btw, I have an ATHLON-XP .

then I type ./configure and then I run make. As always, it takes forever, but after it finishes, then all the executables are supposed to be saved on the i686/ folder. The only file I find is 'soundtest'. It never works.

Then I tried again, but instead of trying to compile the entire package at once, I went into the cinelerra folder to only compile cinelerra by itself. This is my ouput:

C++ i686/aattachmentpoint.o
In file included from attachmentpoint.h:4, from aattachmentpoint.h:5, fromattachmentpoint.C:1:
../guicast/arraylist.h: In member function `void ArrayList<TYPE>::remove_object_number(int)':
../guicast/arraylist.h:176: error: `stderr' undeclared (first use this function)
../guicast/arraylist.h:176: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
../guicast/arraylist.h:176: error: there are no arguments to `fprintf' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `fprintf' must be available
../guicast/arraylist.h:176: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
../guicast/arraylist.h: In member function `void ArrayList<TYPE>::remove_object()':
../guicast/arraylist.h:192: error: `stderr' undeclared (first use this function)
../guicast/arraylist.h:192: error: there are no arguments to `fprintf' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `fprintf' must be available
In file included from pluginserver.h:30,  from edl.h:15, from aattachmentpoint.C:3:
/usr/include/stdio.h: At global scope:
/usr/include/stdio.h:144: error: `_IO_FILE*stderr' used prior to declaration
make: *** [i686/aattachmentpoint.o] Error 1

Is there something wrong with how I'm compiling it?

I was planning on moving over to Debian since they already have a package for cinelerra. but I really want to stick with Arch so I want to fight this before I give up on Arch.

#2 2004-06-27 15:33:43

tgc

Re: building cinelerra on 2.6.7

Hi, you should read the output smile

See this line:

../guicast/arraylist.h:176: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

So using "-fpermissive" should solve that problem. But there might be others...
BTW, this is because the code hasen't been made to compile with GCC 3.4, so a downgrade to gcc 3.3.3 should also solve the problem, but it'll probably create some new problems...

#3 2005-01-11 08:22:03

judfilm

Hi,

Any progress?

A new version of cinelerra is available - v1.2.2

#4 2005-01-14 09:45:24

ovihc

nope, nothing yet. i have reason to believe that gcc 3.4 is giving me problems. does anyone have a cinelerra package working on arch linux?

we need to get this thing working.

#5 2005-01-15 17:39:15

neri
Forum Fellow

ovihc wrote:

nope, nothing yet. i have reason to believe that gcc 3.4 is giving me problems. does anyone have a cinelerra package working on arch linux?

we need to get this thing working.

look in the named header file for sterr in the named line, try add an this->
before it

And yes this looks very much like an gcc error, but I wonder if it's the only one. good luck, though

Also I read there is anew version.

-neri

#6 2005-01-20 08:43:25

ovihc

try and try what? sorry but i dont see anything.

thanks for your tips. i'm still working on it but no success.

Board footer