You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-19 06:57:26

alun

BRLCAD and OpenGL

I've been trying to compile brlcad through yaourt (PKGBUILD here). My system is x86_64. Without modifying the PKGBUILD, I keep getting the following error during configure:

checking for OpenGL functionality... no
configure: OpenGL was requested, but no system OpenGL libraries were found
configure: }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
configure: Try adding --without-opengl
configure: error: *** Using OpenGL was requested, yet no system OpenGL was found ***

So I changed the --with-opengl=/usr/lib flag with --without-opengl in the PKGBUILD, and it started compiling. But after a bit it exited with this:

make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-joshua/aur-brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.6/src/other/jove'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../include   -I/usr/local/include -DBRLCADBUILD=1 -I../../../include -I../../../src/other/openNURBS   -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fexceptions -g -c jove_buf.c
In file included from jove_buf.c:61:
./jove.h:431: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: previous declaration of 'getline' was here
make[4]: *** [jove_buf.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-joshua/aur-brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.6/src/other/jove'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-joshua/aur-brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.6/src/other/jove'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-joshua/aur-brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.6/src/other'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-joshua/aur-brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.6/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I really have no clue what's going on now. My knowledge is very limited. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 2009-06-19 07:14:37

Stefan Husmann

Re: BRLCAD and OpenGL

You hav to patch. I often got such errors with getline, and renaming the getline function to something different (jove_getline or so) did the trick.

#3 2009-08-24 00:24:36

muunleit

@alun
Did you solved the problem somehow?

@Stefan
If I change it like you mentioned, I get the next error in another file. :(

make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/build_brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.8/src/other/jove'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../include   -I/usr/local/include -DBRLCADBUILD=1 -I../../../include -I../../../src/other/openNURBS   -march=native -O2 -pipe -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fexceptions -g -c `test -f 'jove_delete.c' || echo './'`jove_delete.c
jove_delete.c: In function 'getcptr':
jove_delete.c:104: warning: passing argument 1 of 'getline' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: expected 'char ** __restrict__' but argument is of type 'disk_line'
jove_delete.c:104: warning: passing argument 2 of 'getline' from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: expected 'size_t * __restrict__' but argument is of type 'char *'
jove_delete.c:104: error: too few arguments to function 'getline'
jove_delete.c: In function 'getright':
jove_delete.c:120: warning: passing argument 1 of 'getline' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: expected 'char ** __restrict__' but argument is of type 'disk_line'
jove_delete.c:120: warning: passing argument 2 of 'getline' from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: expected 'size_t * __restrict__' but argument is of type 'char *'
jove_delete.c:120: error: too few arguments to function 'getline'
make[4]: *** [jove_delete.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.8/src/other/jove'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.8/src/other/jove'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.8/src/other'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_brlcad/brlcad/src/brlcad-7.14.8/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Last edited by muunleit (2009-08-24 01:04:38)

"The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven" -- John Milton

#4 2009-08-24 02:02:23

brlcad

You can add --disable-jove to configure to get by that problem.  You don't need (or probably want) jove.

#5 2009-08-24 15:36:03

muunleit

brlcad wrote:

You can add --disable-jove to configure to get by that problem.

Thank you, I saw that solitution in an IRC-record last night, too, but --disable-jove is already part of the configuration of the PKGBUILD

./configure --prefix=/opt/brlcad \
    --with-opengl \
    --with-tcl=/usr/lib \
    --disable-tkhtml3 \
    --disable-jove

Any other idea about it?

"The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven" -- John Milton

Board footer