You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-03 16:50:08

Torekk

[Solved]Problem setting up an PPPoE connection

Ok, so I installed Arch today as a secondary boot to Windows, because I was thinking about "switching over". I were following the Beginner's Guide, and everything worked fine since I came to the PPPoE part. eth0 works fine, when I enter ifconfig it shows that it receives and sends packages.

First, I didn't really knew what to do, since

/etc/rc.d/adsl start

didn't work. Then I found out about pppoe-setup and did that, but after I set it up, with the details my isp gave me and which also work on windows, and tried to connect with pppoe-start, it just gave me this error:

/usr/sbin/pppoe-start: line 191: 2354 Terminated           $CONNECT "$@" > /

I've also read about PPPd, but since I can't really get an connection to the internet, I can't use pacman to download it.

As you see from this post, I'm a complete newbie at Linux, so a step for step solution would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind, sorry for making this thread, but I forgot to set eth0 to dhcp. Yeah, everyone makes mistakes. sad

Last edited by Torekk (2009-03-03 19:46:57)

#2 2009-08-24 22:40:31

DSpider

Re: [Solved]Problem setting up an PPPoE connection

I too have this problem. What "eth0 to dhcp" ? Which file did you edit ?

[root@(none) ~]# pppoe-start
.................TIMED OUT
/usr/sbin/pppoe-start: line 191: 1587 Terminated                $CONNECT "$@" > /dev/null 2>&1
[root@(none) ~]# _

PS: Sorry for posting half a year later. Perhaps I should've made a new thread ?

Last edited by DSpider (2009-08-24 22:41:13)

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer