You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-25 12:55:22

klaudiu

Resume from suspend to ram fails (pm-utils)

Hi,
When I suspend to ram the computer seems to suspend normally, but the resume fails and it triggers a normal boot instead.

I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad X60 laptop with the 2.6.30 kernel and gnome-power-manager (pm-utils).

#2 2009-08-25 14:15:25

Profjim

Re: Resume from suspend to ram fails (pm-utils)

Unfortunately, every laptop seems to have its own idiosyncrasies with this (not to mention differences in different users' setups---e.g., what devices are attached, what modules are loaded). So it takes some serious trial and error to figure out how to get this to work. All I can suggest is that you become intimately familiar with the wiki page, and with the HAL quirks site, and that you try to eliminate all the daemons and so on you can while still generating the problem (e.g., boot into a virtual console instead of gnome, if you're comfortable with that). Then start a process of trying different quirks as explained on those webpages. Take good notes so you don't lose track of which combinations of quirks show result in what behavior.

The HAL quirks site will also point you to what other users using your laptop, or similar laptops, found to work. But trial and error may still be necessary.

Board footer